PDA

View Full Version : Stuck Truck mostly O.T.

Lifelover
05-02-2010, 11:07 AM
Came across this guy on my ride this morning. We have a couple of shopping centers down Virginia Beach Blvd. that are not "Low Boy" friendly. I have seen this a few times.

I stopped and talked to him briefly. He was completely stressed out and completely stuck. The forward rear wheels on his truck were off the ground and he had noway to get the trailer unhitched.

I suggested that he get his flairs/triangles out before the cops showed up and wished him luck. He was gone a few hours later when I rode back by.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4037/4570914271_5fdc929999_o.jpg

BumbleBeeDave
05-02-2010, 12:10 PM
. . . going up a hill and under a railroad overpass that at least a couple of trucks get stuck/damaged under every year. The bridge and road leading up to it are festooned with all kinds of warning signs giving the height. You'd think there's no possible way anyone could miss them, but sure enough a couple of times a year they have to pry some truck out from under it. The overpass structure must be pretty well overbuilt, though, because it's always unscathed.

BBD

fourflys
05-02-2010, 12:36 PM
Came across this guy on my ride this morning. We have a couple of shopping centers down Virginia Beach Blvd. that are not "Low Boy" friendly. I have seen this a few times.

I stopped and talked to him briefly. He was completely stressed out and completely stuck. The forward rear wheels on his truck were off the ground and he had noway to get the trailer unhitched.

I suggested that he get his flairs/triangles out before the cops showed up and wished him luck. He was gone a few hours later when I rode back by.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4037/4570914271_5fdc929999_o.jpg

Everytime I see your posts about Hampton Roads, I want to ride there... I've been stationed there for 7 years off and on, but I wasn't riding then... My last unit there was the Training Center in Yorktown and I totally want to do a ride across the Colonial Parkway and up around Williamsburg... Not so sure I want to ride around Norfolk/VA Beach though... ;)

BTW- that's the K-Mart lot over by the Airport, huh?

Lifelover
05-02-2010, 01:57 PM
Everytime I see your posts about Hampton Roads, I want to ride there... I've been stationed there for 7 years off and on, but I wasn't riding then... My last unit there was the Training Center in Yorktown and I totally want to do a ride across the Colonial Parkway and up around Williamsburg... Not so sure I want to ride around Norfolk/VA Beach though... ;)

BTW- that's the K-Mart lot over by the Airport, huh?

The riding in Norfolk/ Va Beach is not that bad if it is all you are use to. I take full advantage of the MUTs in the area. If you limit yourself to skinny tires and roads, the riding in town can be a little sketchy. For the most part you just have to pick your time and place. Being a Fat Bike Rider and not a real cyclist, I'll take flat and sketchy anytime.

This shopping center is on Virginia Beach Blvd. and Lynhaven Rd. There is another one just like this at Great neck and Virginia beach blvd.