PDA

View Full Version : Serotta Titan

Chris Wimpey
04-28-2010, 11:03 AM
Hello all,
I'm new to this forum, and it seems like it is the source for information and feedback on all things Serotta. Looking forward to participating.

My topic now is the Serotta Titan. I have recently acquired one in my size, and would like to find out more about it. From it's appearance, it looks to be very well made and designed along classic lines. I'm hopeful that the ride will match it's looks.

I plan to build it up soon, after I find a few of the parts that I am looking for.

SEABREEZE
04-28-2010, 01:08 PM
Welcome aboard , enjoy your new serotta. Once u get it build up u can post it in the serotta bike page on this forum

William
04-28-2010, 02:50 PM
Welcome to the forum! :banana:

Be warned this thread will be marked as "Thread Failure" until you post pictures of that Titan. ;) :)

William

Chris Wimpey
04-28-2010, 05:33 PM
My Titan frame is in need of a repaint and decals. Is there a reference for original paint colors, and a source for decals?

Ahneida Ride
04-28-2010, 05:34 PM
Uncle William is right ...

Now you are obligated to post pictures !!! :hello: :beer:

Ahneida Ride
04-28-2010, 05:35 PM
My Titan frame is in need of a repaint and decals. Is there a reference for original paint colors, and a source for decals?

Post some pictures ..... ok ????

Chris Wimpey
04-28-2010, 05:40 PM
Will post some pictures ASAP.

Ti Designs
04-28-2010, 05:57 PM
I had a Serotta Titan years ago. It was their budget bike back in the days of the Special and Nova. My guess on years for the Titan would be 1979 - 1980. I say that 'cause I moved to Boston in '82 and the guys at the Bicycle Exchange turned their noses up at it. Mine had one annoying detail, the brake bridge was brazed in upside down.

KeithS
04-28-2010, 10:05 PM
It doesn't pay to upset William, it is a lttle known fact that Serotta named the titan after him. I found these definitions for Titan. Pretty accurate.

Colossus: a person of exceptional importance and reputation

(Greek mythology) any of the primordial giant gods who ruled the Earth until overthrown by Zeus; the Titans were offspring of Uranus (Heaven) and Gaea (Earth)

The largest of the satellites of Saturn; has a hazy nitrogen atmosphere

William
04-29-2010, 07:30 AM
It doesn't pay to upset William, it is a lttle known fact that Serotta named the titan after him. I found these definitions for Titan. Pretty accurate.

Colossus: a person of exceptional importance and reputation

(Greek mythology) any of the primordial giant gods who ruled the Earth until overthrown by Zeus; the Titans were offspring of Uranus (Heaven) and Gaea (Earth)

The largest of the satellites of Saturn; has a hazy nitrogen atmosphere

I don't know if I'm an offspring of Uranus ( :eek: ), but I've been told numerous times that I act like I live in a hazy nitrogen atmosphere. :confused:

William

PS: Pictures, we need pictures! :)