PDA

View Full Version : Advice on Coupling??????

hammerdocnomo
04-27-2010, 07:56 PM
Gentlemen help me if you please.

I have a situation with a too small CDA. I failed to move this beauty on to a new home. So, here is the idea that I would like some advice on. If I convert her to a travel bike with S&S couplers, could the TT be lengthened by 1 cm.? It is a 54x54 and I would benefit from a 55cm TT. How would this affect the down tube length?

Any insight would be appreciated.

Cheers, :beer:
hammerdoc

Louis
04-27-2010, 08:00 PM
If I convert her to a travel bike with S&S couplers, could the TT be lengthened by 1 cm.?

I bet it could, but then the two sections of the DT would nolonger match up. (Unless some serious forces were applied, and that would be a bad idea.) I'm not a framebuilder, but I doubt this would work.

Did you try shortening the price on the CDA instead?

hammerdocnomo
04-27-2010, 08:23 PM
I bet it could, but then the two sections of the DT would nolonger match up. (Unless some serious forces were applied, and that would be a bad idea.) I'm not a framebuilder, but I doubt this would work.

Did you try shortening the price on the CDA instead?

Louis,

Geometry was not my strong suit, so, I'm guessing you are right even though I can't picture how that works.

I've shorten the price down to $1650 shipped CONUS...... Maybe I need advice on pricing these previously doted on rides?

Louis
04-27-2010, 08:31 PM
I can't picture how that works.

It's mostly a problem of angular alignment. As the upper part of the DT moves forward the angles have to change if the two sections are to meet at a point and be both || and centered correctly. I bet there's enough material to allow the DT to get longer, since some has to be removed to make room for the the couplers. It's just that the two sections would not mate properly because of the angles.

hammerdocnomo
04-27-2010, 08:43 PM
It's mostly a problem of angular alignment. As the upper part of the DT moves forward the angles have to change if the two sections are to meet at a point and be both || and centered correctly. I bet there's enough material to allow the DT to get longer, since some has to be removed to make room for the the couplers. It's just that the two sections would not mate properly because of the angles.

I see, said the............

Well, it's back to the auction bench for my Serotta CDA, I guess I'm not too sure what a "fair" price is to move it on and if I'm willing to let it go on the cheap.

Anyway, thanks for your input!

rcnute
04-27-2010, 08:54 PM
A bottle of wine, candles, dim lighting... :cool:

hammerdocnomo
04-27-2010, 09:03 PM
A bottle of wine, candles, dim lighting... :cool:

don't stop! And???????? She best be, willing :cool: