PDA

View Full Version : T-Town Swap Meet-Coming Right Up

rdparadise
04-21-2010, 07:22 PM
Just noticed the Trexlertown, PA Swap Meet this year is in May instead of April. The official date is May 8th. Check the link for details. Both vendors/public and private can register now for a site as well.

http://www.thevelodrome.com/swapmeets.php

Unfortunately, I can't make it to T-town that day due to a prior commitment, however, if you're in the area it's a great, little shopping experience.

Regards,

Bob

54ny77
04-21-2010, 08:08 PM
i've heard this is a great event, i might go if i can. anybody go last year from around here and can comment?

nahtnoj
04-21-2010, 08:11 PM
Great event. Deals abound if you have specific needs.

Nice riding in the area too. Anyone up for a post-swap ride?

rdparadise
04-21-2010, 08:26 PM
Jon:

I've got a great ride that goes over and climbs Hawk Mt. It's a metric and rather hilly all in all.

Let me know and I can dig it up for you.

Bob

fatallightning
04-27-2010, 01:12 AM
i'md probably going to go, went to spring and fall last year. would also be down for a ride after, i've gone for a spin after before, but not terribly too far, as i didn't want to get lost.

nahtnoj
04-27-2010, 07:55 AM
Bob,

Missed your reply until now. If you could send that would be great.

I know the roads in the area well, and could put together a 2-3 hour jaunt fairly easily. Fantastic riding. I'm not too familiar on how to get to Hawk Mtn. from T-Town w/o using major roads.

Thanks,

Jon

PaulE
04-27-2010, 08:30 PM
DId a 50 mile ride that started and ended in Lenhartsville last year and climbed the South side of Hawk Mountain. That was a tough climb. There are local roads that will get you from Trexlertown to Hawk Mountain.

mike p
04-27-2010, 09:24 PM
Do they also have a fall swap meet? Are the spring and fall meet the same? Any difference any preference?

Mike

rdparadise
04-27-2010, 09:40 PM
I always thought the fall meeting is better then the spring. This may have changed however, not totally sure.

Jon--I'll pull the cue and scan it and get it over to you next week. No time right now.

Bob

EddieBirdsell
04-28-2010, 11:53 AM
I should be there.

Would love to get a quick ride in, as I have to head down to Philly later in the day.

zott28
04-28-2010, 12:03 PM
Swap meets always land on a family members birthday or I always find out about swap meets the day after, I just missed one here in the Bay this weekend. My wife and bank are happy, cause I always buy stuff I don't need and end up selling it here for a loss. :rolleyes:

Who remembers the good ol days of swap, pre ebay, when you could really deal?