PDA

View Full Version : Prescription Sunglasses questions

dekindy
04-20-2010, 10:16 AM
I am leaning heavily toward Oakley Radars and am going to try some on today.

question, I am trying to decide between vented lenses that do not have polarization versus nonvented polarized. I want the venting for additional anti-fog during winter riding but prefer polarized for summer. I have seen comments that the vented VR28 works well but I do have blue eyes that are sensitive to sunlight. My current lenses are polarized. Is the temple venting Oakley hydrophobic coating enough to prevent fogging without vented lenses?

spamjoshua
04-20-2010, 10:52 AM
1. I never have fogging problems if I am able to maintain a small gap between my brow and the top of my sunglasses.

2. I love polarized lenses. They are all I use.

jblande
04-20-2010, 11:26 AM
I use the non-vented Radar Path in basically all conditions. No problems. I happened to pick up the photochromic ones, because they were on sale. I really like them.

Pete Serotta
04-20-2010, 01:52 PM
1. I never have fogging problems if I am able to maintain a small gap between my brow and the top of my sunglasses.

2. I love polarized lenses. They are all I use.

I have a vented spare lens and for me do not notice less fogging then with #1 above.

PETE

Ozz
04-20-2010, 06:17 PM
It is harder to spot broken glass on the ground with polarized lenses...you don't get the shiny reflections as well....sort of why polarized lenses work so well on on boats....they cut reflected glare.

YMMV....

:beer:

Bruce K
04-20-2010, 08:08 PM
Another negative for Polarization....

Unless you have a very new cycling computer the display becomes unreadable with Polarized lenses.

This leaves you "peaking" under the lower edge of your lenses.

Some of the newer computers are "polarized compatible".

BK