PDA

View Full Version : SRAM Force

mlittle
04-18-2010, 11:04 PM
I just installed a new 2010 SRAM Force groupo on my Fuerte and am having one issue. Its the front derailluer and the trim feature. Here's the issue: when I'm in the small chainring and try to trim the front it just goes to the large chainring. I know the middle (trim) position is there because when I loosen the cable to super loose it shows up but then I can't shift into the big ring. Anyone else have this issue and any advice????? Thanks

Other than that the group is super smooth and works great!!!!

thegunner
04-18-2010, 11:11 PM
that's because you're using it wrong... the trim is on the big ring.

mlittle
04-18-2010, 11:17 PM
That's what I thought but here's what the instructions say:

"INDEX SHIFTING ADJUSTMENT
Shift the chain onto the smallest rear sprocket and small chainring. Make sure the left shifter is set in the middle position – if the chain scrapes against the outer cage plate, turn the adjusting barrel on the frame until the chain runs smoothly and free of obstruction."

I believe the trim feature is to adjust the small chainring/small cog so that it doesn't rub on the FD.

David Kirk
04-18-2010, 11:25 PM
Red trim is on the big ring and Force is on the small.

I'd double check your limit screws and be sure they are adjusted with as little extra room as possible (make is so the chain just barely clears the cage when you are small in front and big in back), reset the cable tension and try it again.

dave

mlittle
04-18-2010, 11:33 PM
What do you think about cable tension and alignment of cage. Currently alignment is parallel with chainrings.

BTW - Dave, Your frames are cool.

thegunner
04-19-2010, 12:18 AM
Red trim is on the big ring and Force is on the small.

I'd double check your limit screws and be sure they are adjusted with as little extra room as possible (make is so the chain just barely clears the cage when you are small in front and big in back), reset the cable tension and try it again.

dave

oh man, my bad guys! i seriously thought force trim was on big ring since 2009 iterations had it there.