PDA

View Full Version : Sprinters Special

William
03-24-2005, 07:34 AM
FYI:

The March issue of Cycle Sport America is a Sprinters Special. Coverage includes interviews with:

Cipollini
Petacchi
Boonen
Hondo
Steels
Basso
Vanderaerden
Nelissen

Plus coverage of:
Landis
Bruyneel
Horner
Freire

The Giro route
And other interesting articles and regular features. Pretty cool if you're into it.

William

dirtdigger88
03-24-2005, 08:08 AM
I read Cycle Sport every month- I think they have one of the best rags out there

Jason

yeehawfactor
03-24-2005, 08:13 AM
the dutch issue was my favorite. it's been an amazing winter for that magazine. they always come strong in the winter, i found the two issue set from last winter that had interviews with all(then) living 22 tour winners. i like that they focus on history in the winter.

Dr. Doofus
03-24-2005, 08:27 AM
foodrey would buy it instead of stealing it from Books a Million if they did an issue featuring:

sean yates
eros poli
jos bruyere
erwin nijober
hendrick redant
johan capiot

that would be the coolest issue ever

weisan
03-24-2005, 09:01 AM
Someone I know at work is married to a gentleman who's a former cycling state champ. He asked her to pass me a box full of CycleSport mags. I flipped thru' a couple of them and they are awesome. This guy also got a library full of cycling videos, of late I have been spending far too much time watching TV...instead of playing with my kids. I felt guilty. :D

weisan

yeehawfactor
03-24-2005, 11:45 AM
foodrey would buy it instead of stealing it from Books a Million if they did an issue featuring:

sean yates
eros poli
jos bruyere
erwin nijober
hendrick redant
johan capiot

that would be the coolest issue ever

they had a multipage spread on gert jan theunisse. the the joop zoetemelk feature. best issue ever.

William
03-24-2005, 01:06 PM
I read Cycle Sport every month- I think they have one of the best rags out there

I don't pick up too many mags, but i was in Barnes & Noble the other night and saw the copy on the shelf. "Sprinters Special" caught my eye so I picked it up to look at it.
DANG! I might just have to subscribe to this one. If you act now you also get the CRASH DVD. Road racings greatest crashes! :cool: You can also get the Lance Six Sampler. I'll go for the CRASH!

William (And he walked away 4) ;)

Tmogul
03-24-2005, 07:29 PM
I have that crash dvd and well its not that great. Its got some really crazy crashes but if you've been watching the major tours you've probably seen them. (jalabert) Its pretty much nonstop crash after crash after crash after crash........you get the idea. As for the mag...I thought it interesting that cipo introduced petacchi to his current love and yet they fight over who will be the leadout at the worlds this year via the media.

dirtdigger88
03-24-2005, 09:48 PM
The best issue was the Merckx issue- Jan. 05- that is a must have and must keep- I have been reading the mag for a couple of years- it is the best out there I think

Jason