PDA

View Full Version : Unexpected Heros on two wheels

Too Tall
03-24-2005, 06:42 AM
Today I finally talked to a fellow who has blazed by me several times during my morning commute. I've tried to talk to him before but got a wierd stare. This guy is a freakin' rocket.

In all the years I've commuted to work I've never met anyone who had a longer commute than my paltry 40 miles roundtrip. Today I was able to chat with the fellow. Turns out he not only has a longer commute, he recently changed jobs and had to give up a much longer commute of 80 miles round trip!!!.

And what an interesting package he is. Campy Nuvo Record brakes, monkey-$hit brown no name lugged steel frame and a Powertap Wheel! Oh yeah, he rides like a Euro Pro. There is something about how he sits on the bike like it is his home and the big honkin legs...ouch.

He told me "It doesn't matter how many miles you ride if you don't ride hills". End of story.

So, I was very pleased to meet this Hero and if I hadn't persisted and cracked his surly shell with some cheery talk we'd never get to meet and chat some about being...well different. Thanks Todd yer one cool dood.

PS - Todd does not race.

William
03-24-2005, 07:42 AM
That's my twin brother. Though we don't exactly look alike. I'm taller, we're not the same age, and we're not related. :confused: Oh never mind. Where's my coffee??

William

Cool, you have the touch Tall man. Your good heart broke through. :)

William