PDA

View Full Version : Shimano/Campagnolo compatibility ?

sokyroadie
04-18-2010, 07:23 AM
I am 99.9999% certain that the answer is "no problem", but I want some more opinions. I bought a Serotta 650c Colorado Tri frame and I am trying to do a budget TT build, the components will be mostly 10s Campy:

Veloce RD, FD
Centaur crank
Prorace Bar End Shifters (Non Indexed)
Campy 10s chain

The wheelset may be Shimano with a 10s Shimano cassette, since there are a lot more choices.

I think it will work fine since it will be in friction mode.

Comments???

Thanks,
Jeff

oldpotatoe
04-18-2010, 07:25 AM
I am 99.9999% certain that the answer is "no problem", but I want some more opinions. I bought a Serotta 650c Colorado Tri frame and I am trying to do a budget TT build, the components will be mostly 10s Campy:

Veloce RD, FD
Centaur crank
Prorace Bar End Shifters (Non Indexed)
Campy 10s chain

The wheelset may be Shimano with a 10s Shimano cassette, since there are a lot more choices.

I think it will work fine since it will be in friction mode.

Comments???

Thanks,
Jeff

Work fine...

Marcusaurelius
04-18-2010, 11:42 AM
If you ever decide to try ergo levers you could just use an american classic cassette or wheels manufacturing cassette. I once try friction shifters with a 9 speed cassette but the friction shifters didn't pull enough cable to make it work (7 speed downtube shifters switched to friction mode).

Shiftmate works well too as noted.

tmessenger
04-18-2010, 03:52 PM
Or just buy a shiftmate and use your campy stuff with a shimano cassette.

If you ever decide to try ergo levers you could just use an american classic cassette or wheels manufacturing cassette. I once try friction shifters with a 9 speed cassette but the friction shifters didn't pull enough cable to make it work (7 speed downtube shifters switched to friction mode).