PDA

View Full Version : the jerk's legs hurt....

jerk
03-23-2005, 10:03 PM
long stupid hard trainer work out this evening because the jerk didn't ride this morning....looks like snow so the jerk won't get to ride tomorrow outdoors either.....the jerk's legs are really sore in a good way and he's starting to actually feel stronger than he has in a long, long time.....anyway good things all around.

the jerk is probably going to race on sunday at the local stupid ride around in a flat circle race in a stupid office park and win a pair of socks. he hopes to finish next to last in the a race. the jerk hasn't had this many km on a bike in march since he did this shi'ite for a living....jeezus get the jerk some help.

on an aside here's the preliminary build for the big leg emma:

chorus 10 speed shifters (non carbon)
chorus brakes
cosmic carbone wheels
dugast tires
pmp cranks
d/a 9 front derailleur
chorus 9 rear derailleur
12-21 d/a 9 cassette (yes campy ten works with shimano 9. go away.)
pmp ti post
flite saddle
cork colored tape
star headset

still can't decide on bars, the jerk is thinking some sort of stupid custom stem.

(riding 80km in the drops doing some stupid muscle tension excersize and hammering to stay with a guy a whole hell of alot faste than the jerk, the jerk actually bent his cinell 65s on the c50, the jerk needs handlebars that were made in this millenium....any advice would be most appreciated....must be round. must not break.....)

jerk

soulspinner
03-24-2005, 04:03 AM
Any chance you might know where to get NOS chorus 10 group without the carbon? It has served me well on one of my bikes.

theprep
03-24-2005, 07:31 AM
jerk

If you ride 42's, check these out.

http://www.nashbar.com/profile.cfm?category=92&subcategory=1050&brand=&sku=11891&storetype=&estoreid=&pagename=

The Profile Hammer isn't flashy but they feel great. I measured them before installing:
Reach:90.5 mm
Drop:154
Weight: 286 grams -

There is a photo of them installed on my bike in the Serotta Image Gallery, titled "CIII Update".

Other Classic drop bars: Ritchey WCS "Classic Road" or Salsa "Estrada".

Hope this helps.

Dr. Doofus
03-24-2005, 08:02 AM
is my man still hurtin you, jerk?

yerdoof thinks he needs to pack up the bike and the wife and the dog and tear up the east coast this summer for a ride with internet pals vacation...see TT in va, climbo in ct, the jerk and saecoman in boston, the midget in franklin nh...and doof will probably owe keno something again so it should probably just be hand delivered....

the gunnotta is being assembled over the next coupkle of days... still waiting on a USE alloy post and a new clamp-on campy front derailleur....

one of these days foodrrey will have a serotta again...in a stock 58cm.... food is missing the cc tube feel...kind of wonders how cool a CIII that has a layout that makes sense would ride...but that's too much cash....

anyway foodrrey needs to get up and ride with you dorks and dorkettes....

Matt Barkley
03-24-2005, 08:41 AM
Jerk,
Good Luck at Well's Ave! Go for the muffin premes, and then do a nice Dover loop afterwards. :beer: - Matt

Hey - what is this "star" headset you speak of?

rePhil
03-24-2005, 07:24 PM
Any chance you might know where to get NOS chorus 10 group without the carbon? It has served me well on one of my bikes.

Eurobikeparts.com. I just picked up some NOS Chorus bits from Dominick.

Too Tall
03-24-2005, 07:55 PM
Senor' you got mail

Big Dan
03-24-2005, 08:11 PM
I want to hear about the Long Leg Emma...I mean Big Leg Emma..... :D

soulspinner
03-24-2005, 08:16 PM
Thanks Pic. I will give him a call...