PDA

View Full Version : Bontrager Tires/ Review

Larry
03-23-2005, 09:56 PM
Hi Folks! Spring has sprung here in Dallas.

Has anyone ridden the Bontrager Race XLite tires?
How do they perform, and how well do they wear?
Comments are appreciated.

Larry

jerk
03-23-2005, 10:06 PM
made by vittoria in thailand so actually made by lion....sorta kinda like an open corsa...they're nice but not as nice as some other clinchers and not as nice as they once were. the bontragers wear well, are really round and nice and supple in ride. the jerk hates clinchers but if he had to ride them he'd vote for gommitalias......those are even nicer.
jerk

cs124
03-24-2005, 05:37 AM
I've had a bad run with Race X Lites. Mine seemed to pick up cuts and punctures if you looked at them sideways. My Race Lites, OTOH, have been great, for a cheaper tire. They roll, corner and wear surprisingly well. The only drawback for me is that they ride a bit rough with more that 110 psi.

...and the jerk certainly is right about Gommitalias, the best clinchers I've ridden too.

PanTerra
03-24-2005, 08:38 AM
Hi Larry,

I just got RBM to carry the Michelin Carbons. They may be in stock by the time of the Super Sale.

Larry
03-24-2005, 09:29 AM
Steve,

I used Hutchinson Carbon Comp for a while.......nice ride, but the rear tire tends to wear out quickly.

What do you know about the Michelin Carbon tire?

Larry

PanTerra
03-24-2005, 10:17 AM
Steve,

I used Hutchinson Carbon Comp for a while.......nice ride, but the rear tire tends to wear out quickly.

What do you know about the Michelin Carbon tire?

Larry

I have been riding them since the beginning of last season which starts in January for us here in Dallas. ;) Used them in France during the tour. Still riding on them with not much wear, over 3000 miles. They are on both bikes now. Definitely not the same tire as the Hutchinson. Rolls really nice, too. They were reccomended by a guy in GDB for good wear, and not very heavy, at least not like my Armadillos. I use them all the time.