PDA

View Full Version : New Fixee in da house

Smiley
03-23-2005, 06:55 PM
Yes , The Captain just ordered a new Kogswell 58 G lugged steel fixee . My first new bike in YEARS ! The new Kogswell www.kogswell.com geometry seems to suit me well and I have been itching to build up a new frame with 120 mm track rear spacing from scratch . So once built and compared to my current Raleigh 57 cm 531 lugged steel fixee , I'll make up my mind to sell my old Raleigh or not , unless one of you fellow forumites is itching to get on the bandwagon we can talk as my rule is buy one , need to sell one .

I expect to have this frame next week , the build up will take awhile ( yeah sure , it will be done sooner then later ).

Sandy
03-23-2005, 08:51 PM
I had no idea that you were purchasing a new bike. I guess that we will be doing a lot of bagel rides this year. Are we riding together this Saturday? Sunday? Maybe I can try your Raleigh when you get your new one. I will sign a waiver so that if I ride into the creek and drown you will not be held too liable. Many safe and enjoyable rides with it.

Sandy

eddief
03-23-2005, 09:10 PM
to the world of inexpensive, high value, fine riding far east steel. Are you going to repaint or powder it? Keep us posted on your impressions; good, bad, indifferent.

That Matthew Grimm is a smart, feisty, energetic artful dodger. He loves the utilitarian approach to biking.

My P58 is getting coupled (slowly) and will get redone with powder when I get it back.

Good luck with the G.

Smiley
03-23-2005, 09:40 PM
Its painted Silver , apparently Matt did not like the way the finish turned out so he gave me a deal on the frame . Its a fixee after all so no I don't think I'll be messing with getting it re-painted .

Smiley
03-23-2005, 09:43 PM
Yes , Sandy ofcourse your always welcome to ride the Raleigh , This maybe the push you need to get FIXED , I can make you a good deal on the Bike too .

weisan
03-24-2005, 09:22 AM
Congrats Captain!

I have been riding on my fixie for three straight days now during my lunch rides....I think I am in serious trouble with my Legend. Somebody saves me from the fixie-addiction. :banana:

Marron
03-24-2005, 10:37 AM
It's sad when your iconolcastic, hip pursuit turns into a trend. I was thinking this morning that I've been riding fixed for over 30 years and I've probably seen more fixies in the past year than I had in the previous 29. It's a tragedy.

Just kidding! It's actually a cool thing that more riders are appreciating the beauty of low tech/high touch riding. I'm wondering how all the younger riders who are entering the road riding culture through this channel are going to influnece the sport down the road. Will there be a turn away from the current fixation on replica racing bikes and all the expensive and unneccesary functionality associated with that mode of riding? Do you really need 20 gears and lots of carbon bits to enjoy yourself? On any group ride I join I usually find myself first in line at the mid-ride Starbucks stop, well ahead of my friends on their faux race bikes.

So be careful, you may find yourself spending all your time on your "cheap" bike and neglecting your finer purchases.

zap
03-24-2005, 10:44 AM
Wow, Smiley didn't buy a Serotta.

Well, congrats.

Sandy
03-24-2005, 10:58 AM
:) y's :) has turned to :butt: ever since. I told him :no: but he didn't listen. He was :confused:, when he did it. Maybe he will sell it and buy a Serotta fixee, then we will see :)y :) and :D , but for now he is very :confused: and :butt: ,big time!

Sending smiles to you and Zip,

Sandy

Kevan
03-24-2005, 11:45 AM
got a butterfly net? :D

Sandy
03-24-2005, 11:48 AM
For whom?

Monarch Mirman

coylifut
03-24-2005, 12:50 PM
I'm wondering how all the younger riders who are entering the road riding culture through this channel are going to influnece the sport down the road.

Great observation. I believe they already are influencing cycling as a whole. Hence the explosion of the single speed division at mountain bike and cross races.

weisan
03-24-2005, 01:59 PM
While we are on the topic of fixie...check out this Nagasawa bad boy here. It was added to the FixedGearGallery this morning.

http://www.fixedgeargallery.com/2005/mar/JamesDiLisio-1.jpg

http://www.fixedgeargallery.com/2005/mar/JamesDiLisio.htm