PDA

View Full Version : 18 + 18 + 27 = Tri-AL-althon

C5 Snowboarder
04-16-2010, 01:36 PM
A couple of months ago I was telling my GF what a wonderful place this Seattle area is – we can/could ride our snowboard, or golf, or ride our bikes on the same day. She said so when you going to do that? I looked at the calendar and said April 15 – Tax day.
So yesterday I was up early – loaded the X5 with my snowboard and my golf clubs headed for Stevens Pass Ski area for a bit of spring riding. Since it was a Thursday – hardly anyone was there- so in a little less than 3 hours I got in 18 runs on a sunny day. It was close to noon so I headed off to the parking lot and changed clothes for my next stop – Echo Falls golf course, arriving at the T box at 1:00 – for 18 holes of golf with my friend Jerry. We quickly played 18 and I shot an acceptable 77.
Now I am back in the car for a ½ hour ride home to meet my girlfriend for my late afternoon/evening bike ride. I do a quick clothes change, grab some food, load water bottles and off we go for a nice bike ride in 65° sunny weather. 27 miles more miles on the Legend Ti and a little less than 2000 feet elevation gain later I am all done and ready for a great dinner with a nice red wine cooked by my wonderful girlfriend while I watch. I was a damn fine day for the first Tri-AL-althon. :beer:

Chad Engle
04-16-2010, 01:55 PM
A little lovin' :banana: and you have the PERFECT day. :) :beer: :cool:

With all due respect I would call a 77 a little better than acceptable, for me anyway.

ckamp
04-16-2010, 02:24 PM
Awesome, Sounds like a day to remember.

I agree that your golf score is much better than acceptable. :rolleyes:

MattTuck
04-16-2010, 03:00 PM
Sounds awesome!

I haven't picked up my clubs in a year... I miss it. I'd be happy to go out today and shoot a 77 on 9!!

Ozz
04-16-2010, 03:18 PM
It was a beautiful day yesterday! Sounds like you got the most out of it. I think this weekend is shaping up to be pretty nice as well.

Alas, I will be spending my weekend going to and from select soccer tryouts...starting tonight and going thru Sunday. What a circus!

I might be able to sneak in a ride Sunday morning if I am lucky!

BTW - Echo Falls is a pretty nice course...not some local muni course, so a 77 is a pretty darn good score! I played it about 10 years ago and probably shot a 95+ ;)

:beer:

C5 Snowboarder
04-16-2010, 03:26 PM
It was a beautiful day yesterday! Sounds like you got the most out of it. I think this weekend is shaping up to be pretty nice as well.

Alas, I will be spending my weekend going to and from select soccer tryouts...starting tonight and going thru Sunday. What a circus!

I might be able to sneak in a ride Sunday morning if I am lucky!

BTW - Echo Falls is a pretty nice course...not some local muni course, so a 77 is a pretty darn good score! I played it about 10 years ago and probably shot a 95+ ;)

Thanks Oz... Yea when I take friends to golf Echo Falls I tell them to bring a few extra balls. Hole 17 is a killer hole.

the ride we did - just in case you have ever done it is going up Forest Drive - down Lakemont to Coal Creek - left at May Valley - to Issaquah Hobart Rd - on into Issaquah and then up NewPort Way to Somerset.

Ozz
04-16-2010, 04:29 PM
..the ride we did - just in case you have ever done it is going up Forest Drive - down Lakemont to Coal Creek - left at May Valley - to Issaquah Hobart Rd - on into Issaquah and then up NewPort Way to Somerset.
yep, that used to be my regular route...I would come at it from downtown Bellevue, along Lake WA Blvd and then cross the freeway up into Newport Hills / Hazelwood Elementary and then catch May Valley Road off of Coal Creek Parkway. Good ride!

C5 Snowboarder
04-16-2010, 04:58 PM
yep, that used to be my regular route...I would come at it from downtown Bellevue, along Lake WA Blvd and then cross the freeway up into Newport Hills / Hazelwood Elementary and then catch May Valley Road off of Coal Creek Parkway. Good ride!

Try up Forest Drive which is at the T Stop light on Coal Creek sometime--- it is all uphill but the good part is you get to ride down Lakemont to Coal Creek. :beer:

Louis
04-17-2010, 12:33 AM
A little lovin' :banana: and you have the PERFECT day. :) :beer: :cool:

I've been meaning to bring this up for a long time, but to date haven't been brave enough. I'll try here:

I can't be the only one out there who just for kicks has participated in this particular part of the perfect day with his HRM on just to see what the numbers would be. Tried it years ago, but don't remember the results... ;)

Anybody else care to admit to pulling this stunt?

merlinmurph
04-17-2010, 10:15 AM
When I winsurfed a lot, I would consider a perfect weekend one where I got some spring skiing in VT on Sat, drove home, and got some windsurfing in on Sunday.

Awesome, what a country! :banana:

MattTuck
04-17-2010, 10:29 AM
I've been meaning to bring this up for a long time, but to date haven't been brave enough. I'll try here:

I can't be the only one out there who just for kicks has participated in this particular part of the perfect day with his HRM on just to see what the numbers would be. Tried it years ago, but don't remember the results... ;)

I think your results would depend on your "riding" position.

Is there an icon for the drum sequence they play after a joke?

auto_rock
04-17-2010, 10:51 AM
Even better....

Make sure your speakers are on (http://instantrimshot.com/)

Ozz
04-17-2010, 06:41 PM

The closest I've come is back in my 20's running the St Paddy's Day Dash, and playing in two soccer games the same day, and then hitting Murphy's Pub for pints of Guiness.

Does that count?

Louis
04-17-2010, 08:30 PM
and then hitting Murphy's Pub for pints of Guiness.

Does that count?

Drinking beer is fun, but not quite as much fun as what I had in mind... ;)

C5 Snowboarder
04-17-2010, 10:34 PM

Louis from St Louis -- I know of which you had in mind.... :) I'd would comment to what to want but it might close this thread which of course I would be opposed to.. so my good cycling friend-- if you'd like to start a thread about what you would like to know---- Being that I have dated a lot of women since I divorced 30 yr ago-- I would happily add to your post. We might get it locked very quickly tho--- :beer: -- Which reminds me -- I need to get to bed. :banana:

Ozz
04-18-2010, 08:43 AM
oh, you wanted to know about the red-headed lass with lilt to her voice I met. ;)

Sorry, HRM's had not been invented yet..... :beer: