PDA

View Full Version : Mr. Squirrel strikes again?

William
04-14-2010, 04:45 AM
Looks like the rodents handy work....

http://www.gifanatics.com/files/drunkk12.gif

William :rolleyes:

LesMiner
04-14-2010, 06:58 AM
Hey, whatever happened to that fox that moved in your shed? I'll bet that fox is a good hunter living in the wild. Better than the household dog. You could train the fox to hunt squirrel. Here is an idea, something like "OK Mr Fox you can live here but the rent is one dead squirrel a day." You could seal the deal with a threat from Mr Mossberg.

William
04-14-2010, 09:23 AM
Hey, whatever happened to that fox that moved in your shed? I'll bet that fox is a good hunter living in the wild. Better than the household dog. You could train the fox to hunt squirrel. Here is an idea, something like "OK Mr Fox you can live here but the rent is one dead squirrel a day." You could seal the deal with a threat from Mr Mossberg.

We had not seen them up until this past weekend. Around dusk I spotted both adults from the kitchen window trotting toward the shed. Out popped one, then two, then three pups. One adult took back into the woods, the other watched the young'ins romp around for a while. Our whole family watched them for quite a while...or kids really were in awe. Now, I just need to figure out how to strike up a deal. :D Watch out Mr. Squirrel!!! :fight:

William

SEABREEZE
04-14-2010, 09:26 AM
Speaking of rodents which there are not, whats up with the litter of FOXES in or under the shed...

We havent forgotten...

fiamme red
04-14-2010, 11:18 AM
http://www.outdoorlife.com/blogs/hunting-andrew-mckean/2010/04/robert-mitchum-hollywood-bad-boy-and-squirrel-hunter

Original Hollywood bad boy Robert Mitchum once acknowledged his well-earned reputation by stating, “There are all kinds of rumors about me. And they’re all true.” Among those “true rumors” were the fact that once got so drunk he left his wife in bed to rush home to his wife (man, that’s drunk), clocked a horse in the head because he was mad at it, and beat up a costar for trying to sober him up. But before all this bad behavior in Tinsel Town, Mitchum was a bum that rode the rails looking for a job. It was during his time as a tramp that he developed his excellent squirrel hunting skills.

Not having a gun or a knife was no problem for Mitchum. In true bum fashion he used what he could get his hands on. This was usually trash. He’d first trap squirrels by using a box propped up with some sort of stick tied to a long string. Nuts or some other kind of bait were placed under the box. When a squirrel went for the bait Mitchum would pull the string, dropping the box on the squirrel. Mitchum would then dispatch the squirrel with a rock or some other heavy object. Skinning was done with a can lid.

You think any of today’s Hollywood bad boys could exhibit skills like that?

Richard
04-14-2010, 11:29 AM
I think this was caused by headless zombie squirrels.

stickville
04-14-2010, 12:52 PM
I was minding my own business on a lunch time ride and Mr. woodchuck ran parallel to me. When he relized he was up againts a CIII with a Columbus Sprit frame, he wisely gave up an vered down the side of the road away from me. I wonder what he would have done if I was riding one of those wooden frames ....

TC Johnson
04-14-2010, 12:58 PM
Woodchuck...Wooden Frame??? Oh, now I get it!!

Too soon after lunch, no glycogen to the brain yet.

Perhaps you should have been riding the Lumber AE.

TC