PDA

View Full Version : Good threshold interval dvd suggestions.

stephenmarklay
04-13-2010, 11:08 PM
I am doing a fair amount of threshold training right now and I only have one dvd as a companion. It is fine but it is a 20 minute threshold test not really an interval workout. My coach has me doing between 3-5 10minute intervals and it gets a bit mentally hard doing 5 with the starts and stops. I good dvd would help.

I did the 20 minute one 2 x today which is fine but not want is on the schedule. Outside is easier but days like today with rain I would rather just do it inside.

ergott
04-14-2010, 04:31 AM
Why not make a playlist on an mp3 player with appropriate tunes for the intervals?

stephenmarklay
04-14-2010, 07:25 AM
Thanks thats a good idea. I do like the videos too and would like some variety since I am doing intervals 2-3 times a week right now and any little thing helps.

rockdude
04-15-2010, 07:57 AM
Outside is easier but days like today with rain I would rather just do it inside.

For me, riding outside in the rain/snow/etc. is better than any day on the trainer.

Here is one, I have not used it but it looks good.

http://www.excelsports.com/new.asp?page=8&description=Endurance+CFR+4%2DLactate+Threshold+DV D&vendorCode=VIDEO&major=3&minor=1

TonyMo
04-18-2010, 01:11 PM
The Spinervals DVDs are not bad for high intensity interval work outs on the turbo trainer. Sufferorama is a good one if you want high intensity interval training, for more tempo work you can try the Time Trial Special or the the Uphill Grind. However, nothing replaces the hours in saddle.