PDA

View Full Version : CLiff Kid Z Bar

rugbysecondrow
04-13-2010, 05:30 PM
Does anybody give these to their kids? Any thoughts? My daughter eats lots of fruit, but I thought this might mix it up some.

pdmtong
04-13-2010, 05:38 PM
my kid like them. I liked them. need to read the label though fpor calorie content and "health". not a substitute for real food. best prices by the box at REI

now she is 10 and giving me input as to what Gu, clif blocks, luna moons, etc. she likes when we go ride. Only thing I watch for now is if their is caffiene in them

yakstone
04-13-2010, 06:22 PM
If you are going to eat highly processed food bars Clif is probably one of the better choices.
Encouraging real fruit and nuts is a much better choice, or rolled oats for that matter.

rugbysecondrow
04-13-2010, 06:31 PM
I am thinking more for the playground, to keep in the back pack and for when we are out and about all day.

I had heard of Cliff bars being good, so I thought these might be good also.

John M
04-13-2010, 06:48 PM
too sweet, in my opinion, but they do make a convenient portable snack for the kids.

93legendti
04-13-2010, 06:53 PM
My kids didn't like the flavor I brought home. It's been 2 years, so I might try again.

Ozz
04-13-2010, 09:54 PM
My kids like them...mucho convenient snack to give them on the way to soccer game or practice.

benb
04-14-2010, 06:47 AM
The one thing that gives me pause with Clif products is they are all loaded with Soy Protein.. there are definitely plenty of folks concerned about some of the compounds in Soy...

I used to pack them all the time, now that I'm more skeptical about Soy I save them for long rides as I still like them better then most of the alternatives, and it is very very hard to find "Energy Bars" that aren't full of Soy.

jpw
04-14-2010, 06:57 AM
Is there an organic alternative?

Ozz
04-14-2010, 08:14 AM
Is there an organic alternative?
Lara Bars...maybe?

Basically just fruit and nuts....Cherry Pie is excellent.

Not sure if it is "certified" organic

fourflys
04-14-2010, 11:00 AM
+1 on the LaraBars...

BTW- I'm pretty sure all the Clif stuff is as organic as they can make it... not sure on the Z bars, but I would bet they are at least partially organic...

Bytesiz
04-14-2010, 11:05 AM
Pretty easy to make granola bars at home where you get to pick the ingredients that go into them. I choose organic and locally grown whenever possible. They are not great for eating on the bike, but good snacks otherwise.

I'll share my recipe if anyone is interested.