PDA

View Full Version : sports psychology

stephenmarklay
04-08-2010, 08:10 AM
I really like things like positive thought, hypnosis etc and wondered if there were some texts or audio that you guys have used and liked.

I am reading a book called 10 minute toughness and like it but I want to line up the next ones.

Chris
04-08-2010, 09:05 AM
I'm a psychologist. I have a small sport psychology practice and I recommend the book Mind Gym to most of my athletes. There are others out there, but this is the least gimmicky and most easily read. A close second is The Inner Game of Tennis. Get Mind Gym and see what you think. PM me with any specific questions.

SEABREEZE
04-08-2010, 10:06 AM
You dont need to read a book, you just needed to be raised wher I came from in NYC

Sports Psychology<> the older generation kids would be playing tackle foot ball no equipment on Amsterdam ave between red lights.
If they were short players the younger generation got pulled into the game, and you better not of complained. The game and the bruses would be nothing compared what they would do to you, if you wimpped out.
You get tough real fast, both mentally and physically. True story...

johnnymossville
04-08-2010, 10:09 AM
I'm a psychologist. I have a small sport psychology practice and I recommend the book Mind Gym to most of my athletes. There are others out there, but this is the least gimmicky and most easily read. A close second is The Inner Game of Tennis. Get Mind Gym and see what you think. PM me with any specific questions.

Chris, Thanks for the book suggestions, I'm gonna check them out.

cmg
04-08-2010, 11:00 AM
You dont need to read a book, you just needed to be raised wher I came from in NYC

Sports Psychology<> the older generation kids would be playing tackle foot ball no equipment on Amsterdam ave between red lights.
If they were short players the younger generation got pulled into the game, and you better not of complained. The game and the bruses would be nothing compared what they would do to you, if you wimpped out.
You get tough real fast, both mentally and physically. True story...

or learn to run real fast.............

92degrees
04-08-2010, 11:54 AM
I've used The Ultimate Cyclist CD and think it helps.

http://www.ultimatesportspsychology.com/UltimateCyclist.html

OtayBW
04-08-2010, 12:04 PM
Zen and the Art of Archery - Herrigel