PDA

View Full Version : Bonktown question(s) - easy

pdmtong
04-07-2010, 07:07 PM
As mentioned in the classifieds..love/hate with Bonktown. Why would anyone pay s/h on tire irons or water bottles? But then again every now and again there is a deal that's just screaming! Like the $220 mavic jersey i got for $65 (very nice btw) or the smartwool socks.

1) santini....where does this brand sit on the hierarchy of brands?

2) cutter....this is their house brand? if they'd change the color of that eVent jacket it might be interesting....

I stopped looking at chainlove and the other variants....even steepncheap a long time ago. figure if you dont see something interesting for months, time to move on.

I do like those ride 7B rock jerseys...but can't see myself actually wearing one, even for $35. I also like the merlin aspen do-it-all-bike, just dont have $2k to toss out there on a flyer.

toasttoast
04-07-2010, 07:16 PM
I have Bonktown, Chainlove, and Steep'n'Cheap "trackers" at the bottom of my browser. Only time I ever bat an eye at 'em is for something with a 80%+ discount, or nice socks :)

I think Santini is decent stuff. I'd compare it to CapoForma... Cutter, I've never seen outside those various related sites. I've also thus avoided it so far.

dancinkozmo
04-08-2010, 06:12 AM
...got a great deal on some Northwave shoes, but that was 16 months ago !!

clweed
04-08-2010, 06:50 AM
The only thing that I buy from them is accelerade

jasond
04-08-2010, 07:11 AM
1) santini....where does this brand sit on the hierarchy of brands?

I have a Santini jersey, I like it and it seems to be of equal quality to anything else I have. I mostly have Twin Six jerseys because I like their graphics.

J