PDA

View Full Version : Forum suggestion

jpw
04-07-2010, 08:19 AM
Perhaps a limit on the number of posts a member can make in a day/ week/ month might focus minds on quality (considered contributions) rather than quantity (rat-a-tat-tat replies that seem to ferment disagreement and bickering)?

Just a (considered) thought.

kestrel
04-07-2010, 08:29 AM
Perhaps some of the pompous holes on this forum could revert back to actually riding, not pontificating about the merits of minutia. For God's sake this forum needs an infusion of riding rather than elitism.

Love Serotta, dislike the forum. I keep coming back because I love bikes, riding and the resultant conversations. This place is moving further and further away from what brought us all to riding in the beginning.

Dave B
04-07-2010, 08:30 AM
I think while not a bad idea to curb retaliation, the extra effort would either cost for software updates or time from moderators who are already busy.

I say we as ladies and gentlemen remember the class we all should strive towards. Doesn't matter where you are from or what you know, manners matter.

ergott
04-07-2010, 08:40 AM
No.

People should stop being a bunch of whiney bitches and ride the **** out of their bikes.

That's all I've got to say about that.

William
04-07-2010, 08:42 AM
No.

People should stop being a bunch of whiney bitches and ride the **** out of their bikes.

That's all I've got to say about that.

I already rode my bike today...and I'm still a whiney bitch. :crap:

William

jpw
04-07-2010, 08:43 AM
I think while not a bad idea to curb retaliation, the extra effort would either cost for software updates or time from moderators who are already busy.

I say we as ladies and gentlemen remember the class we all should strive towards. Doesn't matter where you are from or what you know, manners matter.

Manners, yes agreed.

The moderators are busy because nothing technically inhibits the ability of members from machine gunning the replies that spark the fury and bile that the moderators are busy with. Chicken and egg.

I went riding yesterday, on a bike, made by Serotta. It was great. The forum is no substitute.

J.Greene
04-07-2010, 08:44 AM

ergott
04-07-2010, 08:44 AM

William

My commute has never been better. The last two days, paradise! Did 60+ on my day off Monday.

William
04-07-2010, 09:02 AM
My commute has never been better. The last two days, paradise! Did 60+ on my day off Monday.

Man I'm loving this warm stuff. It's supposed to be in the 80's today and I plan on going out riding again when I get home. :banana:

William

snah
04-07-2010, 10:00 AM

William

This one I like!! :beer:

Wish I could ride today, have to settle for the rainy run instead.

dave thompson
04-07-2010, 03:06 PM

William
One word.........Ancestra.

rugbysecondrow
04-07-2010, 03:28 PM
I don't understand the conveyer belt of issues:

OT Threads
OT Section
Political Thread
Religious Threads
Civility
Number of posts

Once one is dealt with, another comes along, then another, then another...you have to let it go man. OT threads have been dealt a blow, the Pol threads and out the door, civility is being checked (although one needs only read above to see the knife needs to cut both ways), but now posts?

Ergott referenced "Whiney Bitches", I am really starting to wonder which group he is referring too, since this thread would qualify as whining?

Isn't it time to let this go and stop starting these threads?

William
04-07-2010, 03:34 PM
I don't understand the conveyer belt of issues:

OT Threads
OT Section
Political Thread
Religious Threads
Civility
Number of posts

Once one is dealt with, another comes along, then another, then another...you have to let it go man. OT threads have been dealt a blow, the Pol threads and out the door, civility is being checked (although one needs only read above to see the knife needs to cut both ways), but now posts?

Ergott referenced "Whiney Bitches", I am really starting to wonder which group he is referring too, since this thread would qualify as whining?

Ancestra my good man, is not whiney.

I'm not ashamed to say it. I'm secure in my manhood......Dave Thompson!!! I LOVE YOU MAN!!!

William :D

ergott
04-07-2010, 05:23 PM

You and I are saying the same thing. Let all of this **** go and start riding until you come up with more interesting content (not you personally).

I rode to work.
I rode home.
I got home early enough to squeak out another 12 miles or so before I rode to my son's school to pick him up.
He walked, I coasted along side.
It was an amazing day.

Let's hear some ride reports, people. What'cha got?

Life's way to sweet to get caught up in forum drama.

rugbysecondrow
04-07-2010, 05:27 PM
Agreed. If you are reading here, Click Here (http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=72433) first, then post in that thread...you will feel better about it.