PDA

View Full Version : New Cannondale

LegendRider
03-21-2005, 01:49 PM
New Cannondale:
http://www.bikeauthority.com/bikesneakpeak.html

OldDog
03-21-2005, 02:13 PM
Looks like a Trek seat tube, a Serotta ST stay and a Colnago fork. A lovable mutt indeed.

Made in Bedford or Bejing? It would not surprise me to see the new "group" that owns C'dale farm this out to China. It's all about filling a hot market nich to round out the bottom line...

I really don't mean to be naysayer here, and I apologize to all, but I for one am tired of the everything carbon / everything black fad. I remember C'dale from the old days, I still have my first pair of panniers and seat packs from '74 or '75?

:banana: :banana: Lugged Steel Baby! :banana: :banana:

yeehawfactor
03-21-2005, 08:04 PM
the 2 cannondale dealers i know say that this bike is indeed from taiwan, olddog.

drbob
03-21-2005, 08:29 PM
Just had one built up for the regional rep at my LBS......was gone before I laid eyes on it. New for 2006 is an integrated SRM powermeter(!!!!) and some minor changes.

OldDog
03-21-2005, 09:25 PM
Yeehaw - I kinda thought maybe it was farmed out. Not that that is bad, but another "made in pa" product, where I'm from, gone offshore to be mfg. to please a companies bottom line. Hey, maybe it's a great design made by the best fabricators and it's the best bike in the world. It's just that I remember C'dale products bearing a sticker made in pa. I hope this carbon frame is not the first to be taken offshore, with the aluminum ones to follow.