PDA

View Full Version : Nice Serotta on a fun ride

paczki
04-04-2010, 06:00 PM
Had a bunch of friends over for matzo brei pancakes and a ride. My friend Tony showed up on a beautiful pearl white Serotta. Seemed like I should post the pictures! :beer:

paczki
04-04-2010, 06:02 PM
And an action shot.

Bruce K
04-04-2010, 06:15 PM
We were out enjoying this beautiful New England day when up ahead we see a guy in a t-shirt with a straight bar bike. :rolleyes:

The guy on the front decides to turn up the wick a bit and catch this "rabbit". ;)

But the gap didn't come down very fast. :crap:

As we finally catch and pass him, it turns out to be Old School out on his Iglehart fixie, fenders and all. :eek:

He managed to grab the back of our group and hang on for about 5 miles until we hit our stopping point and he continued on to go off to work.

A nice bit of riding on a VERY pretty bike. :banana:

BK

old_school
04-04-2010, 09:48 PM
Aaron, sweet Serotta your friend has there ... I have a soft spot for long horizontal dropouts.

Bruce, nice meeting up with you and the gang. It was a perfect morning for a ride.

jpw
04-05-2010, 04:25 AM
Had a bunch of friends over for matzo brei pancakes and a ride. My friend Tony showed up on a beautiful pearl white Serotta. Seemed like I should post the pictures! :beer:

What's the bike on the car rack? ;)

William
04-05-2010, 06:17 AM
Nice Serotta he's got there! :cool:

Say Hi to the gang for me. :)

William

Climb01742
04-05-2010, 07:13 AM
how far did you guys have to ride before you found a road that was closed due to flooding? but at least the gorgeous weather made exploring detours fun.

paczki
04-05-2010, 07:18 AM
how far did you guys have to ride before you found a road that was closed due to flooding? but at least the gorgeous weather made exploring detours fun.

We went down to Dover and Sherborne and there was no flooding to speak of. Yesterday we went to Carlisle up Monument Street and that was fine as well. Didn't realize the Monument Bridge is open again! We just avoid Concord south of 2/ Sudbury.
I was on the Igleheart with a Rohloff and 60 mm. tires so I would have enjoyed it.

paczki
04-05-2010, 07:18 AM
Nice Serotta he's got there! :cool:

Say Hi to the gang for me. :)

William

Next time you'll have to say "Hi" yourself.

paczki
04-05-2010, 07:21 AM
What's the bike on the car rack? ;)

Not one of ours. Photo was from a rest stop half way on the ride.

Climb01742
04-05-2010, 10:02 AM
Yesterday we went to Carlisle up Monument Street and that was fine as well. Didn't realize the Monument Bridge is open again! We just avoid Concord south of 2/ Sudbury.

then you went by my house. yep, all the closed roads are on the sudbury side of Rt 2. for me, that's how i get out toward stow, hudson, harvard, etc. and speaking of the monument street bridge, did you look under it? the river is right up under the bridge arches.

sc53
04-05-2010, 10:40 AM
Haha like the "Got Junk?" truck in the background of the beautiful Serotta pic! no junk there. :beer:

ortcutt
04-07-2010, 02:12 PM
Thanks, all, for the kind words about my bike! My best CL purchase yet. The seller's a racer who was ready for an S-Works Tarmac. His asking price for the Serotta was a fraction of the MSRP for the Specialized, but he was happy with "trading up," and I wasn't about to object. :)

@sc53: Nice bikes! The way you set up your CSI validates my recent decision to swap out my stem & seatpost for the very same Nitto parts. :beer: