PDA

View Full Version : Donner Pass, CA. March 6 2005

Tom
03-20-2005, 07:20 PM
Not me, don't know who... we saw this guy go over the hill at least twice that day. Not a Serotta but you gotta love it.

There were an awful lot of people out riding around there. Every day we'd see at least a half a dozen.

We were out for the 2005 Junior Olympics of Nordic skiing, cheering a neice and nephew. JOs are the national championships for kids 15-19 years old, basically. Brutal conditions for the kids... 65 degrees and sun at 7500 feet when all winter most had been training below freezing and virtually at sea level. Many kids suffered badly and some needed medical attention. The wax techs were going crazy as the temps went from 20 to 65 in about two hours during the day's racing. Not one kid gave up, they truly honored the competition. Very cool. The coolest thing is that some day I'm going to be kicking back with a cold beer, the Olympics will come on and I'll sit bolt upright and I'll go holy cow, I remember that kid! It'll be interesting to see who it is.

Jeff N.
03-20-2005, 07:28 PM
Nice shot! Jeff N.

Johnnyg
03-20-2005, 08:02 PM
I think this guy got eaten near the top of the pass! :confused:

Kevin
03-21-2005, 05:18 AM
A yellow and black bike, could this be our BBDave? Maybe he has gone out west (Coors and mountains) to prepare for Owner's weekend. :beer:

Kevin