PDA

View Full Version : torque wrench bits...

madbiker
03-20-2005, 05:48 AM
I'm having a hard time finding a bit set for my torque wrench that would basically give me all the hex/allen wrench sizes. Are there any sets available online??

cycleman_21
03-20-2005, 06:27 AM
Sears Craftsman,without looking has got to have one,
just buy a good one,an old saying is;you can cry over the price once
or you can cry whilst using them every time :crap:

Tom
03-20-2005, 06:54 AM
Second the vote for Sears. There's a 'Sears Hardware' a mile or so down the street. Their tool crib is nearly as dangerous to my wallet as Blue Sky Bicycles is.

FierteTi52
03-20-2005, 07:58 AM
I found a set of 3/8 drive hex bits at Walmart. They are made by Stanely and inexpensive. I couldn't justify paying the money for Craftsman. The Stanely does the job just fine.
Jeff

Steve K
03-20-2005, 08:02 AM
An interim solution is to use a standard socket driver (e.g. 3/8 inch driver with a 1/4 inch socket) that holds standard 1/4 inch hex bolts ends. This is not as nice as the one piece driver with a one hex bit. You find yourself fiddling with a loose connection. But it is a less expensive way to get you there.

I would also recommend Sears and the one piece solution. Or if a bigO'll Homepot is around they usually carrier them, make sure you look in the socket driver section and not the hex bits section.

Too Tall
03-20-2005, 08:07 AM
Little known fact. The Snap On guys who drive the cool trucks bargain. Catch one on a cloudy day and ****er for the bit(s) you need. They are the most precise torque specific bits I've used.

RichMc
03-20-2005, 11:04 AM
Of course I second the Snap On tools in a heartbeat. Then again if some guys are going for Stanley because Craftsman is too expensive then they may need a defibulator if they climb on the Snap On truck. Not for the fainthearted or the budget minded. They are just about the only tool co. I have used for the last 30 years though.

gt6267a
03-20-2005, 11:58 AM
ahhh, the snap-on truck. what i wouldn't do to see one of those around here. back in the day, my dad owned muffler shops and they would come to us. sweet baby. it's better than a candy store in there. my father gave me a bunch of snap-on tools and there is nothing like them. of course, for as often as i use them, sears would be fine, but if i see the truck, there will be no restraining me ...

Too Tall
03-20-2005, 02:34 PM
****ing smut filter!!!!