PDA

View Full Version : miche cassettes

AngryScientist
03-30-2010, 06:36 AM
hello. wondering what the general consensus was on miche cassettes for campy drivetrains. for 10-sp they offer quite a savings over campy cassettes, but at what sacrifice, if any?

oldpotatoe
03-30-2010, 07:44 AM
hello. wondering what the general consensus was on miche cassettes for campy drivetrains. for 10-sp they offer quite a savings over campy cassettes, but at what sacrifice, if any?

I sold them for a while and they just didn't work well at all. Plus some of the smallest cogs were not made on center..they went up and down. This was about a year ago, I returned 5 cogsets because customers returned some. No thanks.

John M
03-30-2010, 08:34 AM
I had one. Worked OK when new, but durability wasn't very good. The chrome plating flaked off and it lasted only 2500 miles before shifting was rough. Veloce cassettes are a much better value at only slightly higher cost.

Birddog
03-30-2010, 08:38 AM
I had the steel one, used it with decent results, but the small gog (12) broke a tooth. I replaced the 12 and 13 because of wear and then the new 12 broke free from the flange. I wouldn't buy again for any reason. The best thing about them is that you can buy any combo you want from 11 to 28 but they just don't last and they are only adequate in terms of shifting and noise when they do work.

Birddog

wasfast
03-30-2010, 09:00 AM
don't waste your time. Veloce last better and costs the same. Plating flaking was the least of the issues. I broke teeth off 3 of the cogs and I'm no Cancellara.

Kevan
03-30-2010, 01:33 PM
Just installed a set. I'll let you know how things work out.

MarcusPless
03-30-2010, 08:24 PM
I tried one a couple of years ago; it worked, but it didn't work great. I can't see de-tuning an otherwise great shifting drivetrain with a marginal cassette. I usually buy Veloce cassettes unless I run across a deal on Centaur or Chorus.

--Marcus