PDA

View Full Version : Campy 8 speed cassette question.

pale scotsman
03-19-2005, 09:12 AM
How's this baby go back together right? I mean to line it up correctly. The splines are labeled A-H on the sprockets, and I should have paid attention when I took it off. Too late now. :crap:

Thanks,
Ian

saab2000
03-19-2005, 09:20 AM
Actually, I think that there is just one way to put it back together. Each cog has a larger spline which matches a larger gap on the cassette body. Otherwise I think that there is a marking on each cog. I have one, but have not had it apart for a while.

JohnS
03-19-2005, 09:23 AM
There should be a little stamped circle on the side of each cog. You try to line them up so that they kinda "curl" or spiral.

terry
03-19-2005, 12:30 PM
last one's i had were little stamped diamonds on each-just line them up.

e-RICHIE
03-19-2005, 12:40 PM
you have the 1st gen set.
you need a letter code chart that was supplied with
the cassettes. there is no physical way to know
what goes where without it.

i have them, but no scanner or nothin'.

pale scotsman
03-19-2005, 01:27 PM
Thanks for the input guys.

e-richie - I've tried all types of combos and the one that seems to line 'em up best is starting with a @ 12 o'clock and the placing b, c, and so forth lined up @ 12 as well. So the cogs are kinda rotating clockwise.

I double dog knew I should have looked, but the 10 speed stuff with the arrows it what I'm used to. Rode it for 2 hours this morning and it seems fine. My lbs has one in stock and I'll run down and eyeball the chart.