PDA

View Full Version : OT Lebron James

keno
03-19-2005, 07:15 AM
During the NCAA telecasts I have seen a few times a Powerade commercial in which Lebron James appears to be sinking jump shots from about 50 to 90 feet and one after the other. Is this for real?

keno

Kevin
03-19-2005, 07:26 AM
He had a body double ......... Sandy.

Sandy was also a body double for both Jordan and Bird in the McDonalds commercial ten years ago. If you remember he shot the ball over the Serotta factory, around ms. jerk's steel pants, bounced it off BBDave's stinger, ............... nothing but net.

Kevin

JohnS
03-19-2005, 08:03 AM
Who cares? :crap:

Smiley
03-19-2005, 08:22 AM
They cut away for a second and if you look closely the ball approaches the basket from the same angle each time . Can you say editing ?
Keno who does you like in the Tournament ....Duke ?

I bet you have Rutgers in the final four Womens game ( They got one hell of a firey coach there )

IXXI
03-19-2005, 04:57 PM
It is a great spot. Made to look totally unstaged, but in reality there's a lot of planning that goes into making it look "real" and feel, well, that unrehearsed.

Fox Sports did a great series a couple years ago with a couple of white homeboys who bust into NBA games and school all the pros, all while giving em tons of tude. Not the same as the Lebron spot, but another great and very funny use of seamless special effects.

Link to the production company who did the effects in the Powerade spot: http://www.methodstudios.com/mot529

keno
03-20-2005, 06:43 AM
You must be sky high. Didn't you go to W. VA? Or was it VA Tech?

I don't have FF views. I'm just enjoying watching the dogs beat up on the faves. I have a few more I'd like to see taste the agony of defeat. Loved watching VT beat Syracuse. Didn't see KU go the way of all flesh, but liked result.

BTW, if I were to have some rooting interest it would have been BC, having spent 37 years in Boston. I always thought that they were over rated and didn't enjoy their style of ball. Not surprised by the loss. BTW, thought Wake was not as good as press clippings, but great win for W. VA in any event.

Not following women's BBall at all.

How's my room coming along?

Best to Karen,

keno

Sandy
03-20-2005, 07:41 AM
Too late! Much too late! I have rented both rooms for 10 years. I also have an option to extend the lease for an additional 30 years, at which time you will be too old to walk up the steps, and I will be too old to care what happens to the rooms. :)

So Senile So Serotta Sandy

Sandy
03-20-2005, 07:43 AM
Lebron James is a remarkable talent, and he seems to know how to play the game in a remakable way, which is remarkable at his age.

Remarkable Serotta Sandy

BumbleBeeDave
03-20-2005, 08:34 AM
. . . for that woman from “Desperate Housewives” in that borderline-obscene Super Bowl ad . . . . Thank God I never saw it . . . ;)

BBDave