PDA

View Full Version : Warning about Total Cycling!

Avispa
03-29-2010, 07:26 AM
Hey everyone:

Just wanted to share my recent, but sad to say, terrible experience with Total Cycling.

First of all, apparently they have discontinued the good practice they had to let customers know if they have an item in stock. In the past, if one chose a product to order, the drop-down menu would let you know if they indeed had the item or not. I tried to purchase 3 items, and even received a receipt with the total, just to find out two days later via email that they were out of the items.

After that, a barrage of back and forth messages followed, on which I explained I would like get a different product if they didn't have what I originally ordered. In total they took seven days to place the order after they finally told me what was available....

I received an email message on the 2nd of March saying that my order was shipped, however, to this day (3/29) I have yet to receive anything from them!

It is sad to see a vendor I once trusted turn out like this! Although, I never believed they were very good at answering phones or email, I always received my products on time.

Sad to say... They lost one customer!

..A..

LegendRider
03-29-2010, 07:32 AM
That's too bad. Have you tried ProBikeKit, Ribble or Chain Reaction Cycles?

I recently traded emails with Chain Reaction and I may give them a shot soon. I'm in the market for the Shimano Dura Ace 7850-C24-TL wheelset and they said they'd have them in stock soon.

Dave
03-29-2010, 07:33 AM
I had a similar problem late in '08, when Campy 11 first came out. I ordered some parts and they charged my credit card, even though they were out of stock on some of the items. I waited at least 12 days and finally sent an e-mail asking about the status of my order, only to find that it was never shipped.

After a few more e-mails, I got my money back, but it cost TC about $100 due to currency exchange rate fluctuations. I told the owner that he should never charge a credit card until the order was ready to ship.

ckamp
03-29-2010, 07:35 AM
At first when I read this post I was calm, then I paid attention and read your avatar. Now I'm outraged.

But honestly, I'm sorry to hear you had a bad experience with them.

Avispa
03-29-2010, 07:42 AM
That's too bad. Have you tried ProBikeKit, Ribble or Chain Reaction Cycles?

Yeah, those 3 are great.... so far!

At first when I read this post I was calm, then I paid attention and read your avatar. Now I'm outraged.
:) but also :crap:

Although my avatar has nothing to do with this issue...

..A..

Marcusaurelius
03-29-2010, 06:58 PM
I've ordered many times from Total Cycling but I have had problems with items on the website that are not in stock. I gave them a call on some hubs the last time I ordered something only to discover the hubs are were on back order.

I now order from Chain reaction and found the delivery more reliable and the online stock accurate.