PDA

View Full Version : Tax Help? Any tax folk here?

steveo
03-28-2010, 04:58 PM
Thought I'd give this a whirl...seems to fit in well with the 30 day trial OT Section.

I'm attempting to file my personal taxes online through e-file/freefile, whatever you call it but I keep getting rejected due to a few automated errors. It's a very easy W2 with a little 1099INT & 1099G...I should be receiving a small refund but I can't even submit the thing.

Here are the reasons for the rejection:
Error Code: 0010
Tax Form: FRM PMT
Form #: 00
Description: This is a general reject condition relating to the data that is in the Form and Field indicated.

Error Code: 0690
Tax Form: RET 1040EZ
Form #: 12
Description: Form Payment (Balance Due ) If Refund of the Tax Form is greater than zero, then a Tax Type Code of Form 1040, Form 1040A or Form 1040EZ or Form 1040T cannot be present.

Error Code: 0692
Tax Form: FRM PMT
Form #: 00
Description: Form Payment - Amount of Tax Payment must be greater than zero and less than $100 million (i.e., $99,999,999 or less).

It appears that the problem has to do with the refund field (12). Then it says my payment form has an error and must be >0...I do not owe, therefor the payment form was left blank. I've tried various changes to try to get it to go through...I don't understand why it is being rejected, these error codes don't leave me with much insight as to what the problem may be. Any help on the topic would be great!

Pete Serotta
03-28-2010, 06:30 PM
Please send Steve a note if you have an answer...THANKS