PDA

View Full Version : Deda Supernatural bars report

rwsaunders
03-28-2010, 12:00 PM
I know that these bars are discontinued, but I was able to find a pair out on the web. I have been using Deda 215's and Newton's for a while but I was interested in the Supernaturals, as they are supposedly designed to "match with the famous components from Osaka, Japan."

After two rides the jury has spoken...they do allow for a better fit, regarding the hoods and brake/shifter lever reach in general. I was also worried about the look of going from a 26.0 bar to a 31.7 bar, as my head tube on the Legend is 1", but with the Cinelli cork tape in place, all is cool.

rdparadise
03-28-2010, 12:21 PM
I know that these bars are discontinued, but I was able to find a pair out on the web. I have been using Deda 215's and Newton's for a while but I was interested in the Supernaturals, as they are supposedly designed to "match with the famous components from Osaka, Japan."

After two rides the jury has spoken...they do allow for a better fit, regarding the hoods and brake/shifter lever reach in general. I was also worried about the look of going from a 26.0 bar to a 31.7 bar, as my head tube on the Legend is 1", but with the Cinelli cork tape in place, all is cool.

Gotta get some handlebra for that legend Rob! :banana:

Bob

dvs cycles
03-28-2010, 06:26 PM
I have 3 of them. 1 on my Pinarello and 2 in a box that I plan on putting on my Serotta and Santana when I find the time or need.
Like how my hands feel on the hoods compared to the 3T 199 on my Serotta.

deechee
03-29-2010, 12:46 PM
I remember looking at these a while ago but never bought them. Why do they discontinue good bars like these? ugh. I guess I'll have to order one and try it out :) I'm assuming most of you had good experiences with Shimano 10 speed levers, not the 9's?

rwsaunders
03-31-2010, 01:03 PM
added photos...

dvs cycles
03-31-2010, 05:13 PM
I remember looking at these a while ago but never bought them. Why do they discontinue good bars like these? ugh. I guess I'll have to order one and try it out :) I'm assuming most of you had good experiences with Shimano 10 speed levers, not the 9's?Better jump fast if you see any. The 2 I got were the last in stock last year at Universal Cycle and others were way up there on price.
I have only tried them with 7800 levers.