PDA

View Full Version : the measure of man: John McCain

eddief
03-26-2010, 07:06 PM
I completely completely respect his military record and his service to the country in so many ways. Someone call him and tell him it is time to retire. Please send me an email when I am 74 if I am still making a fool out of myself. I want to go out on top...of something. My Brooks B17.

Nil Else
03-26-2010, 07:37 PM
Simply MuckCain... I've tried to understand & think favorably of him for years... regardless of his affiliation.... must say though I'm glad he had his hand in what's happening now intentionally or not.... perhaps he's okay after all.

zap
03-26-2010, 09:12 PM
I completely completely respect his military record and his service to the country in so many ways. Someone call him and tell him it is time to retire. Please send me an email when I am 74 if I am still making a fool out of myself. I want to go out on top...of something. My Brooks B17.

Why.

93legendti
03-27-2010, 07:06 AM
I just called Barbara Boxer and Nancy Pelosi and told them it's time to retire.

SamIAm
03-27-2010, 07:26 AM
if I am still making a fool out of myself. I want to go out on top...of something. My Brooks B17.

Consider this your email. Take a break from your constant and ignorant whining and political posting and get out on the bike this weekend. Try to ride the anger out of your system.

sjbraun
03-27-2010, 07:46 AM
There are several forum members that should follow SamIAm's sage counsel.

I think I'll go for a ride in the morning (and brew beer in the afternoon.)

That should solve most any complaint I come across here.

eddief
03-27-2010, 07:51 AM
was for OT topics and put in a separate section so the thin skinned or easily angered did not have to be tempted to get angry so easily.

Obviously the OT section is just like an auto accident on the freeway. Where some people just go and keep the flow of traffic nearly normal and some are just too tempted and must be so curious or not smart enough to know accidents are not worth looking at. They have a choice and so do we. As on the freeway, the rest of us have to slow down for the lookers.

thanks for the email. i will quietly and calmly take it into consideration.

(i apologize if i broke, have been breaking the OT rules. thought i was complying for correctness in the OT section.)

avalonracing
03-27-2010, 08:02 AM
Eddie F,

You are fine. McCain should retire. It is time.

zap
03-27-2010, 08:07 AM
Hey, if you think McCain should retire, give us a good reason why.

I'll give you one reson why I think he should stay.

Zero pork.

Time to ride. :beer:

avalonracing
03-27-2010, 08:11 AM
Lacks judgement due to advancing years.

Proof: Sarah Palin for VP... (a heart attack away from the Presidency) That should be enough proof right there.

eddief
03-27-2010, 08:25 AM
for the rest of the year.

don't ask don't tell

palin in AZ this weekend to cover his butt

i was just thinking at 74 shouldn't he want to have more fun than it appears he's having?

Lifelover
03-27-2010, 08:28 AM
was for OT topics and put in a separate section so the thin skinned or easily angered did not have to be tempted to get angry so easily.

Obviously the OT section is just like an auto accident on the freeway. Where some people just go and keep the flow of traffic nearly normal and some are just too tempted and must be so curious or not smart enough to know accidents are not worth looking at. They have a choice and so do we. As on the freeway, the rest of us have to slow down for the lookers.

thanks for the email. i will quietly and calmly take it into consideration.

(i apologize if i broke, have been breaking the OT rules. thought i was complying for correctness in the OT section.)

I'll preface this by saying that I don't really care how Pete decide to handle it. I will most likely continue to lurk and post on the Serotta forum regardless.

However, this type of thread is exactly why I think that an OT sub forum is not good for Serotta as a "brand".

Your OP is nothing more than a jab at a public figure with no reasoning or point to discuss. We might as well start posting pictures of ugly bikes and make fun of them. I assume you would have never posted this in the General forum. Having a separate OT section really provides much more opportunity for this kind of debate.

While they maybe some people that see Sam's response as a "loss of basic human dignity and respect", I see it as they type of response you should expect if you made that comment while standing around the water cooler at the office.

You(we) will never have it both ways. We can't have a forum where we are truly free to post about anything AND have a forum that where every discussion remains civil.

Pick Two: Free, Civil, Lightly moderated

johnnymossville
03-27-2010, 08:30 AM
Lacks judgement due to advancing years.

Proof: Sarah Palin for VP... (a heart attack away from the Presidency) That should be enough proof right there.

...on the other hand, the human laugh/gaff machine that gives us all so much needed comedic relief is actually out there playing VP for leaders around the world every day,... and to think he's the responsible one.

:beer:

johnnymossville
03-27-2010, 08:34 AM
I proudly voted for McCain and would do so again, but agree with Eddie in a way. There are better places to spend your older years than DC that's for sure.

I guess he thinks he can still make a difference?

eddief
03-27-2010, 08:36 AM
to some of us.

I have a wise friend who believes the key to excellent communication and relationships is trying to have a discussion without getting defensive and/or angry. It is challenging, but doable if you really try.

avalonracing
03-27-2010, 08:37 AM
We might as well start posting pictures of ugly bikes and make fun of them.

Now that sounds like fun!

93legendti
03-27-2010, 10:58 AM
Dianne Feinstein - 76 yrs old
Daniel Inouye - 85
Daniel Akaka - 85
Carl Levin - 75
Frank Lautenberg - 86
Arlen Specter - 80
Robert Byrd - 92
Herb Kohl - 75
Jay Rockefeller - 72
Bob Bennett - 76
Tom Harkin - 70
Roland Burris - 72
Ted Kaufman - 71
Barbara Ann Mikulski -73
Harry Reid -70

I feel your pain :rolleyes:

avalonracing
03-27-2010, 11:21 AM
Let's not forget that there are many politicians who are also 4... Mentally.

You know type, they are always putting the importance of their imaginary friend above the rights of human beings.

OtayBW
03-27-2010, 11:42 AM
However, this type of thread is exactly why I think that an OT sub forum is not good for Serotta as a "brand".

I agree, However, I certainly wouldn't single this thread out as the only offender - far from it. But I do agree that the muckraking in general is more or less pervasive, more divisive than anything, and probably not in the best interests of our host(s).

I'll stop there...

DHallerman
03-27-2010, 12:56 PM
Let's not forget that there are many politicians who are also 4... Mentally.

You know type, they are always putting the importance of their imaginary friend above the rights of human beings.

Actually, there's a direct example of McCain acting like a 4-year-old, or perhaps more like a young teenager.

The Republicans lost the health care reform battle.

So, what does McCain say?

"There will be no cooperation for the rest of the year," McCain said during an interview on March 22 on an Arizona radio affiliate.

Let's paraphrase that: You won, so we're not playing anymore.

In fact, there are national concerns that are -- or should be -- beyond politics. A man like McCain should do what he can to help this country.

Instead, he says something like, "I'm taking my ball and going home."

Meh!

Dave, who says it's not really about age

JMerring
03-27-2010, 04:20 PM
Dianne Feinstein - 76 yrs old
Daniel Inouye - 85
Daniel Akaka - 85
Carl Levin - 75
Frank Lautenberg - 86
Arlen Specter - 80
Robert Byrd - 92
Herb Kohl - 75
Jay Rockefeller - 72
Bob Bennett - 76
Tom Harkin - 70
Roland Burris - 72
Ted Kaufman - 71
Barbara Ann Mikulski -73
Harry Reid -70

I feel your pain

Now we are all becoming age-ists (sorry, not sure on correct spelling). :fight:

Big Dan
03-27-2010, 04:29 PM
john mccain is a clown.

tylercheung
03-27-2010, 05:17 PM
kinda remember seeing Strom Thurmond on TV near the end...yeesh that was ugly...

Lost all respect for McCain after seeing the Bush administration stab him in the back, then seeing his "please sir may i have another" routine. The best thing was they kept doing it...again and again....

Sandy
03-27-2010, 05:24 PM
Would appreciate it if additional comments about any individual be substantive. Opinions are fine as long as they are done respectfully and certainly not in a derogatory manner about an individual.

Please don't attack the person.

Thanks.

Sandy

Louis
03-27-2010, 06:08 PM
''Once again the administration showed that it had little respect for the time honored constitutional roles and procedures of Congress,'' said Republican Sen. John McCain of Arizona, Obama's foe in the 2008 presidential election. ''This is clear payback by the administration to organized labor.''

I just love statements like this, because of course no other president, and certainly no president supported by McCain, has ever, ever, made a recess appointment.

93legendti
03-27-2010, 06:33 PM
President Obama on Saturday used recess appointments to fill 15 administration posts without Senate confirmation, including Craig Becker to the National Labor Relations Board.

By filling the jobs while Congress is in recess, Obama gets around Senate confirmation...

Becker, a former top lawyer with Service Employees International Union and the AFL-CIO, whose nomination was rejected by the Senate last month, 52-43.

The U.S. Chamber of Commerce also wrote Obama on behalf of 20 business groups that opposed Becker's nomination and decried the recess appointment.

Hmm, even some Democrats didn't want SEIU's Becker. SEIU's Andy Stern was at the WH 22 times in Obama's first year. Now we know why.

Mr. Squirrel
03-28-2010, 09:34 AM
i would measure him by nuts. how many nuts is he? how many nuts does it take to make this man?

mr. squirrel

Pete Serotta
03-28-2010, 06:15 PM
Person bashing is past political... Eddie is right getting your point across is doable without the bashing

to some of us.

I have a wise friend who believes the key to excellent communication and relationships is trying to have a discussion without getting defensive and/or angry. It is challenging, but doable if you really try.