PDA

View Full Version : Spell check humor

LegendRider
03-24-2010, 04:14 PM
My spell checker just suggested "coinage" for "Colnago."

chuckred
03-24-2010, 04:54 PM
Years ago in a past life, I was writing an emergency evacuation plan. It included a sentence that began "After evacuating onto the helipad..."

I don't know how I typed it, but the spell check auto-replaced my mis-spelled word with "ejaculating". I turned a few shades of red when the draft was distributed. But the overnight urgent care team liked the concept (one of whom was later caught doing just that with one of the nurses).

Oh well...

I always get a kick out of some of the words suggested to replace names - sometimes they can be pretty fitting, or at least funny.

Dekonick
03-24-2010, 07:07 PM
Good to know the urgent care team followed directions to the letter...

fiamme red
03-24-2010, 08:25 PM
I had to look up the meaning of this word:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Campanology

lemondsteel
03-24-2010, 08:38 PM
Funny how Pelosi and Obama are always noted "AS WRONG"

L84dinr
03-25-2010, 07:24 AM
Years ago in a past life, I was writing an emergency evacuation plan. It included a sentence that began "After evacuating onto the helipad..."

I don't know how I typed it, but the spell check auto-replaced my mis-spelled word with "ejaculating". I turned a few shades of red when the draft was distributed. But the overnight urgent care team liked the concept (one of whom was later caught doing just that with one of the nurses).

Oh well...

I always get a kick out of some of the words suggested to replace names - sometimes they can be pretty fitting, or at least funny.

I laughed at the thought of some person "evacuating" on the heli pad...
Wonder what that "says" about me.

Thanks I needed the grin this morning.