PDA

View Full Version : Does Campy Still Make new Chorus 9 Speed Shifters

Ralph
03-24-2010, 11:11 AM
I ask because.....I was looking at a pair of new Ergo Chorus 9 speed levers on E Bay.....and wondering when they were made. The seller said they were made in 2009. He said they get them from Campy. That so?

Pete Serotta
03-24-2010, 11:21 AM
They could have been new old stock from somewhere in Europe but they were not made nor marketed in 09

AngryScientist
03-24-2010, 12:12 PM
They could have been new old stock from somewhere is Europe but they were not made nor marketed in 09

agree, i dont think they even make chorus-10 speed anymore...

Marcusaurelius
03-24-2010, 05:43 PM
The last place I bought them was Excelsports and that was a couple of years ago--of course they still show up now and again when someone finds them in a closet.

oldpotatoe
03-25-2010, 07:01 AM
I ask because.....I was looking at a pair of new Ergo Chorus 9 speed levers on E Bay.....and wondering when they were made. The seller said they were made in 2009. He said they get them from Campy. That so?

10s came out in 2000..probably some 9s were made for a few years but not in 2009. 9s levers(1999+) can be converted to 10s(or 8s) easily.

johnkjos
03-25-2010, 08:55 PM
Hi, I bought a new set of Campy Record Shifters from either Excel or Colorado Bicycles this past Summer. They were absolutely new and I was told that they still get them from Campy due to continued demand. They may be NOS. How can I tell the date of manufacturer.

Dave
03-26-2010, 05:55 AM
Hi, I bought a new set of Campy Record Shifters from either Excel or Colorado Bicycles this past Summer. They were absolutely new and I was told that they still get them from Campy due to continued demand. They may be NOS. How can I tell the date of manufacturer.

Why would the date of manufacture matter, as long as the shifters work?

The more important issue is cable pull. There is a difference in the cable pull from 9 speed shifters. In 2001, the pull was reduced to be compatible with 2001 9/10 speed RDs. Earlier models work with earilier RDs and pull more cable. The later models should pull a total of 24mm of cable for 8 shifts, while the older models pull about 25.6mm.

johnkjos
03-26-2010, 04:31 PM
The date only matters as we're trying to figure out when Campy stopped making them. I was told that the shifters were new (not NOS) when I bought them in 2009. Others have stated that Campy stopped making them far before that time.

Ralph
03-26-2010, 07:50 PM
I originally started this thread when I asked if Campy still makes them. A seller on E Bay, with new Chorus 9 shifters, when I asked them if they were NOS or what, he said they were new. That they got them from Campy last year. Didn't make sense to me, but am beginning to believe him.