PDA

View Full Version : Good news! WINE & Owners Club Weekend

CNY rider
03-22-2010, 06:13 PM
Just landed in my email:

SEROTTA OWNER'S CLUB WEEKEND

Save the date on your calendars! The weekend of May 15 - 16, 2010.

Bruce K
03-22-2010, 07:13 PM
Excellent news.

Should be a blast!

BK

BumbleBeeDave
03-22-2010, 07:46 PM
At the Factory? Somewhere else? Open only to Owner's Club members? How much? . . .

AND . . . The most important question! . . .

Will they have free water bottles? :D

BBD

Bruce K
03-23-2010, 03:47 AM
It appears some of the event is Owner's Club only and some relates to a fundraising event for Team Billy.

BK

Ti Designs
03-23-2010, 05:25 AM
It appears some of the event is Owner's Club only and some relates to a fundraising event for Team Billy.

Fundraising - 'cause guilt the only way to get people on their bikes...

Smiley
03-23-2010, 05:30 AM
what is Team Billy if I may ask, seems like a hard time of year to find lodging at Saratoga and I am not included so far :confused:

Ti Designs
03-23-2010, 05:43 AM
If you're expecting Serotta to have another open house, you're going to have a very long wait. I'm sure there are fund raisers which bring in other groups to increase their size - how hard is it to buy a mailing list these days? If you want a Serotta event, form one. The Giro del Toga wasn't a Serotta event, yet it Serotta couldn't ignore it and Ben opened his house to it.

CNY rider
03-23-2010, 05:43 AM
Smiley and Dave, you must have forgot your secret Serotta decoder rings!
I'm sure Pete can sticky the full announcement but here's the text:

Serotta Competition Bicycles, the Serotta Owner's Club and the organizers of the Sixth Annual Team Billy Ride and Walk for Research have teamed up to present a unique opportunity for a cycling getaway suitable for serious cyclists and the whole family in beautiful Saratoga Springs, New York, over the weekend of May 15 and 16, 2010.

Ride a great route for a great cause...

On May 16, The Team Billy Ride and Walk for Research will offer the choice of one of three organized and supported rides of 50, 25 and 10 miles, or a three mile walk.

The rides are on the lightly trafficked, highly scenic roads of Saratoga County, some of the country's best riding, with the 50 mile ride including a 10 mile stretch that winds through the Saratoga National Historic Park, site of the crucial American victory in the Revolutionary War. The walk is focused on the town's historic district, and provides an excellent option for a non-cycling friend or family member. All of the money raised from the event goes to brain tumor research via the National Brain Tumor Society. Please note that the three rides combined are limited to a total of 1000 participants, so register now!

Arrive a day early and see how some of the best bikes are built...

On May 15, famed frame builder Ben Serotta of Serotta Competition Cycles (www.serotta.com) will open the doors to his facility, offering factory tours and fitting demonstrations, as well as free bicycle checks from some of the world's best bicycle mechanics to those who will be participating in the Team Billy event.

Between 10AM and 3PM, come pick up your Team Billy registration packet, meet Ben and his team, and see why Serottas have been the premier ride of choice for recreational and serious riders like you to Olympians and leading pros, receiving awards aplenty, including the prestigious Editor's Choice Dream Bike from Bicycling. Learn about the Serotta Fit System, which has become the industry standard to enhance rider comfort and power. And participate in informal rides that will be leaving from the Serotta factory throughout the day. Please note that the factory tours are limited to the first 225 participants, and require advance registration via the link at www.teambilly.org. The fit demonstrations, bike checks and informal rides do not require advance registration.

In addition on May 15 - SPECIAL AND FOR THE OWNER'S CLUB ONLY: ENJOY A RECEPTION WITH BEN SEROTTA AND THE SEROTTA MANAGEMENT TEAM FROM 5:30 - 8:00 PM AT THE FACTORY FARMHOUSE.

Last, but definitely not least, note that the top fundraiser for the TeamBilly event will be awarded a Serotta Colorado customized, yes, a customized frame and fork valued at $2795! And the next two top fundraisers will be awarded Serotta custom fits valued at $375 each!*

And take advantage of special offers from cyclist-friendly hotels...

Special rates for participants have been arranged at three local hotels, all of which are within a five minute ride of the event start:

Saratoga Hilton $139 per night (Usually $219) Call 518-693-1000 and ask for the group block for "Team Billy."

Courtyard by Marriott $149 per night (Usually $209) Call 866-210-9325 and ask for "Team Billy."

Residence Inn $159 per night for a studio (Usually $219) Call 800-331-3131 and ask for "Team Billy."

To register for the Team Billy Ride for Research and the factory tour at Serotta, or to make a donation for brain tumor research, please follow the links at
www.teambilly.org

For more information, you may also email the event organizer, Ken Grey at kgrey@marshallsterling.com.

We hope to see you in Saratoga!

Ti Designs
03-23-2010, 05:49 AM
I stand (er - I mean sit) corrected...

Pete Serotta
03-23-2010, 10:31 AM
:bike: :beer:

Pete Serotta
04-01-2010, 08:36 AM
I will be there SAT (and Friday afternoon/eveing)

Who else is going.... Aneida will be with me :) :)

Keith A
04-01-2010, 09:17 AM
Pete -- I would love to be able to get up there...just not sure I'm going to be able to pull it off.

BumbleBeeDave
04-06-2010, 05:52 AM
. . . I will be able to be there Friday evening and Saturday. On Saturday evening my daughter returns from her semester in Morocco, so Sunday is with her.

BBD

Tom
04-06-2010, 08:47 AM
Righhhhttt.... Sunday you're riding Heather Rizzi's century.

victoryfactory
04-22-2010, 11:52 AM
Did you say WINE?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xY7mBQrzXU

Pete Serotta
04-24-2010, 07:31 AM
Yes, I am trying to get something together for FRIDAY evening and need to know who can make it....PETE

BumbleBeeDave
04-24-2010, 02:57 PM
. . . in something Friday evening. Would this be dinner out somewhere in Saratoga?

BBD