PDA

View Full Version : Ridley Damocles

Bill Bove
03-17-2005, 06:37 AM
Anybody seen one? I have one to test ride for the weekend, don't ya know it's pouring down a cold rain this morning. This is one sexy looking bike. It's set up with mostly the same components that I ride except for the bars, they're Modolo's curvisamo KX carbons, don't like them, drops are too shallow. But the rest of the bike is the same as my own bikes. It is a little heavier than some other carbon bikes out there but it ain't no tank, it is however a little more exspensive than some of those lighter bikes but it is so sexy looking. I'm going to ride it on an easy ride this afternoon and in the morning and hammer the hell out if it on Saturday. Did I say that this is one sexy frame?

jerk
03-17-2005, 06:46 AM
it's a great bike. all the guys riding them love them. watch for this company.
jerk

LegendRider
03-17-2005, 07:02 AM
Hey jerk - what are the pros and cons of the Damocles versus the Excalibur? A friend test rode the Excalibur and he said it's a little flexy. And, the Damocles is bit heavy for a big dollar carbon bike. Cadel was lukewarm about his in the Cyclingnews article.

sspielman
03-17-2005, 07:03 AM
I have seen a couple, but have never had the chance to ride one. They look pretty good, but I can't say that I care for the aesthetics of the bottom of the headtube/fork crown area.....I feel the same way about the downtube of a Cannondale.....