PDA

View Full Version : I'm down to 4 bikes, oh my!

SoCalSteve
03-20-2010, 01:09 PM
Hi all,

I had 9 at one time, this just feels more manageable.

Look 595 Pictures here (http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=59968) for out and out Euro-Trash fun.

Serotta Ottrott Pictures here (http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=58159) for all day comfort.

Serotta Hors Categorie Pictures here (http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=64969) for when I'm feeling retro and want that level top tube thing.

Kirk fillet brazed Terraplane Pictures here (http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=61032) for when I'm out single speeding or fixed riding.

Don't really feel the need for anything else at this point.

Just sayin'

Steve

petitelilpettit
03-20-2010, 01:21 PM
Congrats on the downsizing, Steve!

Pete Serotta
03-20-2010, 02:09 PM
where does the carrera fit in?

RPS
03-20-2010, 02:12 PM
Four would be a good number for me. Two road, one tandem, and one beater.

palincss
03-20-2010, 02:34 PM
Are any of your road bikes anything like Smiley's new Kelly Bedford?
http://serotta.com/forum/showthread.php?t=71493

tuscanyswe
03-20-2010, 02:47 PM
Looks like a very nice stable to me. What happend to the colnago. I remember you beeing so pleased with it initially. So you prefer the look to the colnago?

Jeff N.
03-20-2010, 05:13 PM
I'm heading that direction too, Steve. Time to get sensible. Jeff N.

Louis
03-20-2010, 05:33 PM
That's a shame Steve. I don't think anyone who owns only four bikes can really consider himself a cyclist. Maybe he's a guy who every now and then rides a bicycle (sort of like a little kid) but that's about it. :p

SoCalSteve
03-20-2010, 06:50 PM
Looks like a very nice stable to me. What happend to the colnago. I remember you beeing so pleased with it initially. So you prefer the look to the colnago?

It is and was a great bike...I sold it just to downsize. And yeah, I prefer the Look. Maybe not in the way it "looks", but its just a nicer, tamer more neutral ride....besides the fact that I cut down the ISP and would probably be harder to sell...

happycampyer
03-20-2010, 07:10 PM
Very nice, Steve. Each one is different enough from the other that your ride/mood will dictate which bike you pick. The orange of that Kirk really pops. I bet the Look flies with those wheels.

Bill

93legendti
03-20-2010, 09:04 PM
I'm working my way towards 5 or 6, having sold 4 this year. We have a tandem and I need a travel bike, as well as a fendered, bad weather bike. Thwart sold me an RB-1 frameset for a great price. It's a 57 I keep for friends to ride.

Ottrott
Kirk
Santana
Bike Friday PRP
Rapid Tour
CSi SS
CSi
RB-1

These 2 are next to go:
Hors Cat Cross SS
Bike Friday Speeding Tikit

mister
03-20-2010, 09:19 PM
3 is good for me.
nice all arounder with ability for rack/fenders.
a lighter weight road bike.
a nice track bike that serves kinda as the beater bike and the leg killer...

r_mutt
03-21-2010, 05:28 AM
selling the colnago was a mistake! thankfully, you have the look to fall back on... :)

hmmm, don't see a cross bike amongst the 4.

paczki
03-21-2010, 05:56 AM
You need a few mountain bikes. That will get the number up again.

SEABREEZE
03-21-2010, 06:54 AM
Does the Hors and Kirk have simular performance and ride qualities ?

SEABREEZE
03-21-2010, 06:57 AM
93 Legend, shame on you , not a Legend in the bunch.

You are not living up to your name.

Time for a name change Sir

Smiley
03-21-2010, 08:07 AM
SoCal, You need to go FAT with a fat tire fendered bike and then the stable will be complete :)

Lets see I have now

Uniscasi Serotta Rapid Tour
Bedford Lite Tourer with fenders and 32 mmplus couplers
Bedford Fillet fixee
Kogswell fendered fat tire fixee
Serotta TiMax with slicks for riding easy trails
Tandem shared with my wife

You know I think I could part with the TiMax and the Kogswell will rust out on me before I can sell her since this bike takes the winter beatings

I am riding the Bedford Fixee today doing a bagel run with Karen. BTW your Hors man is da bomb and a keeper :)

eddief
03-21-2010, 08:20 AM
Steve Rex - road
Bike Friday Crusoe - travel
Fuji Touring - multi purpose
Easy Racers Titianium Gold Rush - the ultimate cruiser

tuscanyswe
03-21-2010, 09:28 AM
It is and was a great bike...I sold it just to downsize. And yeah, I prefer the Look. Maybe not in the way it "looks", but its just a nicer, tamer more neutral ride....besides the fact that I cut down the ISP and would probably be harder to sell...

That makes sense!
I could have sworn you posted some nice photos from a ride on a moots cyclo-x not to long ago or am i confusing you with someone else this time?

edit: ah "steve in slo" and socalsteve explains that little missunderstanding.
Thought you were holdin out on us! :D

93legendti
03-21-2010, 11:44 AM
93 Legend, shame on you , not a Legend in the bunch.

You are not living up to your name.

Time for a name change Sir
I know, it looks bad. I sold my Legend ST as a complete bike and I still hope to pick up a Legend/Concours/Fierte ti frame when the dust settles.

I do have a Ti Hors Cat cross, so at least I am not ti less. :(

SoCalSteve
03-21-2010, 12:03 PM
Does the Hors and Kirk have simular performance and ride qualities ?

They are not so different in the way they feel/perform, all things being equal.