PDA

View Full Version : vredestein tubular tire

Todd Owen
03-16-2005, 02:12 PM
I posted this in the serotta picture forum accidentally, but just wanted to tell folks I am eagerly awaitng the ride of my new Vredestein pro tubis. they look awesome and am looking forward to the ride. They are currently getting the 2-3 day stretch and I will be gluing this weekend. These might be better than my veloflex crit. tires...... Has anyone ridden these beauties?

Too Tall
03-16-2005, 04:53 PM
Todd, what swayed you to try these? Gotta tell you that this weekend I pulled out my race wheelset and rode them for two days to be sure everything was right. Veloflex mounted to Nimble Fly front Nimble Crosswind rear...I was on wings baby :)

Clinchers...well...you know by now?

sspielman
03-17-2005, 06:20 AM
I will be interested to hear your report after a couple hundred miles. Are the Vredesteins made in Thailand?...by Challenge or Vittoria? If so, I would be interested to hear how well the base tape remains glued to the tire- the traditional achilles heel of any Far Eastern tubular (I believe that it has something to do with Thailand's hot, humid climate). The bar is set high with Veloflex Criteriums. I would still like to compare Dugasts, but they cost twice as much...and there is no way that they are twice as good.

Todd Owen
03-17-2005, 09:35 AM
I saw these in a veltec catalogue and since I love the tri comp clinchers I thought I would give these a try. I don't know where they are made I thought Belgium but have no idea. I quit using vittoria sewups due to the base tape problems several years ago. I thought the tread looked a bit beefier so maybe they will last a bit longer. I also like the two tone blue with gum wall sides.... just a quirk.