PDA

View Full Version : Anyone listen to Kornheiser's show today?

fiamme red
03-19-2010, 09:58 AM
Did LANCE sound ill? He pulled out of Saturday's Milan-San Remo due to "acute gastroenteritis," replaced on Team RadioShack by Fumiyuki Beppu.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/armstrong-out-of-milan-san-remo-due-to-illness?cid=OTC-RSS&attr=news_headlines

Blue Jays
03-19-2010, 10:23 AM
Kornheiser had no option but to apologize...since he was so outlandish with his earlier commentary suggesting violence towards cyclists.
Imagine if one of his clowns started a physical altercation with William? :D
Unsure how the news about Lance Armstrong's fitness impacts other races, though. It is fortunately for him still very early.

David Kirk
03-19-2010, 10:27 AM
Did Kornholer apologize publicly? Was it sincere or like when my mother made me thank a distant Aunt for a b-day gift that I hated?

dave

Kevan
03-19-2010, 10:47 AM
http://www.examiner.com/x-14380-Celebrity-Fitness-and-Health-Examiner~y2010m3d18-Tony-Kornheiser-apologizes-to-Lance-Armstrong-about-killing-cyclists

We've all been there Dave. TG I didn't have to wear the sweater.

BarryG
03-19-2010, 10:47 AM
Yes, Kornheiser apologized and had a nice 16min. conversation with Lance (http://www.stationcaster.com/player.php?s=65&c=580&f=45332) on his show.

michael white
03-19-2010, 10:53 AM
quite an amazing conversation. Lance was much nicer today than I would have been. Actually, I had already written an email to ESPN this morning, asking that Tony be fired. His truly ugly rant was pure hate speech, which could easily incite violence. Lance has been very clear, though, that he thinks Kornheiser is truly sorry.

soulspinner
03-19-2010, 11:06 AM
Apologize or not, all it takes is one person to act on his rant, and it was hard to get out of my head as I exited the city on my ride this morning...hope there is at least one long term consequence for his behavior.

victoryfactory
03-19-2010, 11:40 AM
Great job by Lance using his fame to stick up
for all cyclists.
He didn't need to go on that show. He gave this insidious
anti cyclist movement some much needed correction.

VF

LegendRider
03-19-2010, 12:08 PM
for all cyclists.

VF

Agreed. Whether or not you're a Lance fan, he took time to defend ALL of us.

Charles M
03-19-2010, 12:29 PM
That went about as well as it could have...

I could tell by the way Lnce said his r's though that he could have some left lower abdominal pain. ;)

cody.wms
03-19-2010, 03:02 PM
keep in mind Korn-hole was suspended for a week or so for sexist comments about a fellow ESPN anchor.

But then again, that was ages ago. I mean, sheesh, its almost been a month since that happened!

michael white
03-19-2010, 03:15 PM
that's probably why Lance went easy on him . . . the writing's already on the wall . . .

Erik.Lazdins
03-19-2010, 04:12 PM
Did Kornholer apologize publicly? Was it sincere or like when my mother made me thank a distant Aunt for a b-day gift that I hated?

dave

What did you get? I got a Fonzie doll with "thumbs up" action. - there that is my healing moment.

sorry about the OT!

Now back to Kornheiser :banana:

JohnHemlock
03-19-2010, 06:33 PM
for all cyclists.

VF

Insidious anti-cyclist movement? Hyperbole much?

Louis
03-19-2010, 06:37 PM
Insidious anti-cyclist movement?

Maybe not a movement, but certainly a common attitude.

Elefantino
03-19-2010, 07:51 PM
Did LANCE sound ill?
If he truly had the dribbling you-know-whats, he'd only sound ill if you had your ear to his belly.

OtayBW
03-20-2010, 06:15 AM
quite an amazing conversation. Lance was much nicer today than I would have been...
Yeah - I listened as well and agree. I just thought it was funny how LA went from 'you f------ idiot!' to 'much nicer guy'...
Also thought it funny that Kornheiser said he couldn't ride a mile on a bike if he had to (the partonizing little twit...).

victoryfactory
03-21-2010, 04:49 AM
I like Kornheiser on his TV show, Apparently on radio he is less
careful. I know what it's like to be a sardonic, ironic critical, angry type.
Sometimes you're very funny and sometimes you put your foot in it.

At least he had the heart to allow Lance to put it straight.

VF