SEABREEZE
03-18-2010, 02:26 PM
Since there has been bickering on this subject, why not a poll

No need for a disertation on the subject, just Yes or No

1) Yes = both OT and Bike in general discussion

2) No = keep them seperate

jimp1234
03-18-2010, 02:43 PM
Yes for me. One suggestion though, if you want to do a poll set up your thread using the polling feature (scroll down on the page when you set up the new thread and you'll see # of items in the poll), then it will tabulate a nice summary.

William
03-18-2010, 02:44 PM
Yes. Again, obviously. :)

William

Keith A
03-18-2010, 04:24 PM
Just a FYI, towards the end of our 30 day trial, I was planning on posting a poll to see what everyone thought. I wanted to give it some time before I did this so that everyone has had a chance to see what they think.

1happygirl
03-18-2010, 05:23 PM
See my thoughts as William said in the other threads, but YES STAY IN THE GENERAL SECTION

I think that a poll was taken a long time b4 this went into effect and the result was to stay the same. I agree with William in the other thread about searching for information.
As I said before....
I read with interest everyone's opinion even if I didn't comment and learned things from the OT threads that I wasnt aware of due to the vast intellectual element of the people here on the forum. I loved the DSLR thread and wasnt even aware of full frame sensor cameras and what they were. As I am needing one for an upcoming trip, this was helpful. Anyway, the segregation of ot threads means...
have to take an extra step for content (come on people do like the easy road, even one click vs 2)
The main question(s) I have though is ..
If im not mistaken, like clicking in the rides section or photo gallery, I sometimes want to go back and posts are gone after a certain time date which is annoying. will this be that way too?
some of the threads i glanced in the general section right now at as i am running out the door are not clearly bike related (i'm not being ugly but diagnoses etc ) and then some who should be general (birthday) are not (what gives?) Who determines ot?
as above threads were marked and if you can't pass by mcdonalds without stopping in, outlaw mcdonalds?
Im just a peon in the bike world and WWW but love this forum and have been grateful for the knowledge it's given me on & OT.