PDA

View Full Version : Tony Kornheiser is an idiot

azrider
03-18-2010, 09:15 AM
http://content.usatoday.com/communities/gameon/post/2010/03/lance-armstrong-thinks-tony-kornheiser-is-an-idiot/1

soulspinner
03-18-2010, 09:31 AM
Lets get 10000 cyclists to "tap out" Tony. Never could stand him.... :bike:

veggieburger
03-18-2010, 09:38 AM
That's something I'd expect Pat Robertson to say!

:p

peanutgallery
03-18-2010, 09:49 AM
He killed MNF, he was worse than Dennis Miller

Smiley
03-18-2010, 09:55 AM
Tony Korn Hole as he is known around here. Says it all :banana:

BumbleBeeDave
03-18-2010, 10:36 AM
. . . as one of the commenters on the link said. But whether he is or not, he should certainly know by now that a certain percentage of any audience like his is going to take everything he says as serious--and a certain percentage of those are going to go out and act on it because Tony said it's OK.

I don't care if he makes fun of our clothing or funny helmets. But when he actively tells people to "run them down" that's way over the line.

BBD

katematt
03-18-2010, 10:38 AM
Wasn't sure if I should post my disgust toward sales or management. Decided on mngt with a focus on sales.

http://www.espn980.com/info/contact_us.php

pbbob
03-18-2010, 10:47 AM
"his ugly side is his only side"
http://www.slate.com/id/2245796

thwart
03-18-2010, 10:49 AM
Wasn't sure if I should post my disgust toward sales or management. Decided on mngt with a focus on sales.

http://www.espn980.com/info/contact_us.php

Message to management sent.

Big Dan
03-18-2010, 10:50 AM
This guy is a moron....

NRRider
03-18-2010, 10:56 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7wnBoWOfAU

Wonder what he would have thought back when cars started driving on roads used mostly by pedestrians and horses.

Really sounds like he's trying HARD to create controversy as opposed to airing a legit complaint. Seems like this is what one needs to do nowadays to be entertaining when one has no talent.

What a schmuck.

sg8357
03-18-2010, 11:13 AM
This guy is a moron....

Sounds like a Troll, a Troll who needed some traffic on his site to show
management somebody was listening. Getting LA to swat at the bait is
major troll points.

Lifelover
03-18-2010, 11:26 AM
I love TK and PTI is the BEST show on TV. If Tony were to run me down, I'd watch his show while recovering in the Hospital.

Maybe it's true across the board, but road cyclist seem to take this stuff way to serious. They also seem to underestimate the intelligence/morals of everyone else.

Anyone that runs down a cyclist and blames/credits it to TK is a damn liar and would have ran us down anyway.

Kevan
03-18-2010, 11:48 AM
http://voices.washingtonpost.com/dcsportsbog/2010/03/lance_armstrong_takes_on_tony.html

who is trying to rationalize the twit, not thinking of the not-thinking twits who might act on the instruction.

Two weekends ago I was on a ride with some 12 individuals doing a hilly conditioning ride. On one particular road, full of winterborn cracks and craters, we rode single file with breaks between small groups of riders (dodging and zigging to avoid obstacles) and the motor traffic had a tough time getting around and past us. There was no doubt that some patience was worn tissue thin by those holding a wheel. Any of those yuks who might of been tuned into a show like this would likely have rationalized the notion of - it's only a bump.

Does yelling "Fire!" just outside a theater make that behavior acceptable?

Johny
03-18-2010, 11:51 AM
If Tony were to run me down

Kill two birds in one stone. Great. :D

Nothing meant serious. :D

Johny
03-18-2010, 11:54 AM
I'd watch his show while recovering in the Hospital.

BTW, the LA doctor is in the jail and may not be able to treat you.
:D :D

BumbleBeeDave
03-18-2010, 12:01 PM
http://voices.washingtonpost.com/dcsportsbog/2010/03/lance_armstrong_takes_on_tony.html

who is trying to rationalize the twit, not thinking of the not-thinking twits who might act on the instruction.

Two weekends ago I was on a ride with some 12 individuals doing a hilly conditioning ride. On one particular road, full of winterborn cracks and craters, we rode single file with breaks between small groups of riders (dodging and zigging to avoid obstacles) and the motor traffic had a tough time getting around and past us. There was no doubt that some patience was worn tissue thin by those holding a wheel. Any of those yuks who might of been tuned into a show like this would likely have rationalized the notion of - it's only a bump.

Does yelling "Fire!" just outside a theater make that behavior acceptable?

I think Kevan has nailed it. TK is obviously trying to stir the pot and get listeners. It's part of his job and, sadly, what so many on air personalities (both radio and TV) do these days.

It's not that what he is saying is all that objectionable IF his whole audience is literate and understands that it's wrong. But if he has a 500,000 listeners across the country and only .0001% of his listeners are stupid enough to interpret his comments as being literal, then that's still five cyclists "bumped" off the road and likely somebody killed.

He's openly advocating to his listeners to go out and direct violent and potentially lethal force toward a distinct class of other citizens. If he were doing the same and telling his listeners to do the same to Jews, Muslims, Blacks, Asians, the physically handicapped, etc., would you be so forgiving? I hope not. Remember the "Jackass" TV show? Kids watched, went out and tried some of the stupid stunts and got seriously injured (Don't remember whether anyone was actually killed.) It's exactly the same principle.

You and I will understand that's he blustering and not serious. But some people will not. A guy with his experience should know that. If he doesn't by now he's a moron. If he does and still chooses to say stuff like this on the air, then he's worse than a moron.

BBD

Steve in SLO
03-18-2010, 01:56 PM
A few facts I learned in medical school:

The last developmental step in mental maturation is the ability to see the ramifications of one's actions.
It is estimated that up to 1/3 of adults never mature to that level.

Think about that the next time you flip off a driver who is near you.

McQueen
03-18-2010, 02:04 PM
With the distinct possibility of sounding like a dweeb..

Lance just tweeted (god I hate that term) that he just got off the phone with Kornheiser, said he was very sorry for the comments he made and that Lance would be on his show tommorrow to discuss with him.

Kind of funny as Kornheiser just scored a great interview for a local market radio show. Although, its somewhat a win-win.

bzbvh5
03-18-2010, 02:31 PM
When he said tap the bikes, it reminded me of this story about a SMU law professor that hit a cyclist claiming only wanting to use her car to tap the cyclist out of the way.

http://www.lawschool.com/dolkart.htm

I found another article where she hit some pedestrians around SMU and lied about the curcumstances.

As far as I know, still free from jail.

zap
03-18-2010, 03:35 PM
Not the first time. Kornheiser said some stupid crap last decade.

maunahaole
03-18-2010, 04:02 PM
http://osse.dc.gov/seo/frames.asp?doc=/seo/lib/seo/pdf/student_hearing/resume%20-%20jane%20dolkart.pdf

Careful in DC - she's there now.

JohnHemlock
03-18-2010, 05:03 PM
I am a cyclist who rides in traffic and not a particular Kornheiser fan and my initial response was, "Who cares?" He's a radio talk show host who gets paid to provoke. Mission accomplished.

flickwet
03-21-2010, 09:40 AM
The fact that LA is going to be on the db's show is just a total suck, it just gives legitimacy to db's everywhere. I guess its true, "the only bad publicity is no publicity". It would be GREAT if LA canceled; now that would be righteous

RABikes2
03-21-2010, 10:36 AM
Remember the "Jackass" TV show? Kids watched, went out and tried some of the stupid stunts and got seriously injured (Don't remember whether anyone was actually killed.) It's exactly the same principle.

You and I will understand that's he blustering and not serious. But some people will not. BBD

Unfortunately Dave, there have been fatalities resulting from the "Jackass" TV show.

I don't have cable or satellite in my home and had never heard of the TV show before, but in February, I was educated by Wendy Bieberle and Connie Beard, both of the Orlando, Florida area. They crewed for FSUPD Major Jim Russell and me at the Bike Sebring 12/24 Race in Sebring, FL. Here's the story on our race related to the awareness efforts on car surfing, but I'll stick to the point. http://www.campussafetymagazine.com/News/?newsID=3904

Wendy's 18 year old son Cameron, was killed while car surfing. He was visiting friends at an apartment complex. Somebody left a shopping cart in the parking lot and Cameron chose to get in it and hold onto a vehicle while the driver accelerated to 30 mph. The vehicle hit a speed bump and Cameron was ejected 27' and killed.

It is scary how many people do believe stupid crap they hear and view in life. Sorry if I thread drifted a little bit, but wanted to validate Dave's statement.

Ritaann

Lifelover
03-21-2010, 10:46 AM
.. It would be GREAT if LA canceled; now that would be righteous

Too late. He never planned on being on PTI. LA did a 15 minute spot on Tony's radio show on Friday.

OtayBW
03-21-2010, 05:20 PM
A few facts I learned in medical school:

The last developmental step in mental maturation is the ability to see the ramifications of one's actions.
It is estimated that up to 1/3 of adults never mature to that level.

Think about that the next time you flip off a driver who is near you.
Be honest with you, I think more about the number of people out there riding around with concealed carry permits. I suspect that it's more than you realize...

toaster
03-21-2010, 05:40 PM
People who think only of themselves and believe in the right of way and roads are for cars are not bicyclists.

I only hope they don't consider pedestrians as speed bumps but sadly many of these motorists don't really give a sh*t about jaywalkers or even people using crosswalks for that matter.

I suspect TK is one of those steel and glass boxes kind of morons.

Elefantino
03-22-2010, 12:34 AM
Unfortunately, stupid people don't need Kornheiser telling them what to do to do stupid things.

Take yesterday. Riding along, three-man group, in the rain. Woman pulls alongside way too close in a big pickup, rolls down the window and yells at us to "get on the G-D sidewalk!"

Then, not 500 feet later, and I swear I am not making this up, she turns left and pulls into a driveway ... at a church.