PDA

View Full Version : portraits of your bike

dixiesdad
03-17-2010, 04:35 PM
I just had a thought.....would any of you be willing to pay for a drawing or watercolor of your favorite bike you own, or one you just have a lust for, and if so how much would you pay for that done professionally. Also do you have anyone who does that and you have seen that work. I am contacting the artist who does the heros of the velo calender for him doing one for me however I know a local artist who I may be able to have do these for a good price.

false_Aest
03-17-2010, 04:51 PM
I'm an artist. Too many times I've quoted a price and people have balked at whatever it is. One too many times I've been told, "But all you're doing is taking a picture."

Whomever you're contacting . . . whatever the price . . . if you think it's too high, before you consider haggling the price ask yourself this question, "Would I haggle for a Bedford, Kirk, Strong, Sachs, etc?"

" . . . but its only a drawing/watercolor"

" . . . but its only a bicycle"

----

If I asked one of my classmates from undergrad to do something like this I would expect to pay $400+ for a 16"x20" (and I would know I'm getting a "break" on the pricing).