PDA

View Full Version : Hors Categorie Ride Report

FierteTi52
03-15-2005, 04:49 PM
Yesterday, we had a 30 degree heat wave here in buffalo N.Y. I rode 25 miles which it about how long it took for my feet to freeze. I use Open Pro 3 cross with Michelin Pro Race tires on all my bikes so comparisions are fair. Smiley is correct, the Hors is a great riding bike. It rode so nice over our frost heaved crappy roads. I couldn't feel any loss of pedaling power under load or while climbing. The Hors is softer than my Ottrott on the big hits, but the Ottrott is better in the chatter bumps and tranfers less road vibration. The DKS is a great design, it's unfortunate Serotta stopped building it. Hats off to Dave Kirk for a great design! This bike is definately a keeper. Dave if you're reading, I'm still dreaming about a Terraplane. I was ready to pull the trigger on the Terraplane and the Hors deal showed up. My wife told me I'm done buying bikes for the year.
Jeff

Smiley
03-15-2005, 05:26 PM
Congrats on purchasing a unique bike that will have no equal . Its maybe not a bike for everyone , but if your going to do a long ride over questionable roads , its the bike I'd take every time out .

Dekonick
03-15-2005, 05:29 PM
Grats on the HC!

Mine is pissed at me 'cuz I have taken this winter off and gotten fat (well - the wife is nesting and the honey do list just seems to get longer and longer...and time shorter 'n shorter...)

go find a really steep hill with curves and take it for a real test ride! I am still amazed at how stable it feels. I LOVE the Hors.

Kudo

93legendti
03-15-2005, 07:34 PM
My HC Cross has gotten me thru a winter of pot holes, ice, mud, slush, sleet and snow. Congrats on your purchase.

Dekonick
03-16-2005, 01:17 PM
OOOOhhhh - now that would be a NICE bike! a HC Cross....

Damn - C'mon BEN! Bring it back (at least as an option!) :crap:

FierteTi52
03-22-2005, 02:44 PM
We have a beautiful 45* in Buffalo, so I decided to take the afternoon off to go out riding. I installed the proper length stem on the new used Hors Categorie and went for 30 miles. The bike is dialed in, handles great, rides nice, etc. This bike is definately a keeper! Going back out on the Fierte Ti. I will report back later. It's been along winter and spring is finally on it's way!
Jeff