PDA

View Full Version : Technically challenged needs help!

scooter01
03-15-2005, 03:20 PM
This is way off the subject of bikes, but hey if you ridea Serotta, your REALLY smart.

I recently bought a DVD of U2 Go Home, live in concert. I thought it was a CD of the concert not a DVD . Is there a way I can get the music off the DVD and onto a CD? Can I change these files to MPEG? I think I have all the propper equipment at home. DVD player and CD Burner in the desktop.
What I lack is the knowlegde.

Anyone Too bad my Trucks CD player wont recognize the DVD for the music only.

keno
03-15-2005, 03:32 PM
I was trying to get the sound track off the Led Zeppelin DVD concert DVD with no success. The DVD was copy protected insofar as burning a DVD is concerned, which may have affected the situation. I wondered if I could make a VHS of the DVD and then play the sound channels into a CD burner.

A suggestion would be to put the DVD in the pc drive, go to My Computer, then the drive (E, F, whatever), then right click on the DVD icon and then click Open. Perhaps separate audio and video folders will show and then see if you can send the audio to your burner.

keno

pale scotsman
03-15-2005, 03:33 PM
You can pull the ac3 audio off a dvd with the ac3 decoder from http://www.ac3dec.com/ .

I've never used this one but it's free and worth a try. Heck I may pull some Zeppelin off the wifes collection tonight! :beer:

keno
03-15-2005, 03:43 PM
I looked at that site and it isn't clear to me exactly how to use it. If you figure it out, please drop me an email at keno@blast.net. Thanks.

A side note. I made the mistake of buying a Guns 'n Roses CD at Wal-Mart. Listening to "I Used to Love Her But I Had to Kill Her" it came out "I used to love her but I had to her"; listened some more and it came out the same throughout the song. I later learned of the Wal-Mart policy of censoring material they find unacceptable in Little Rocks. I brought the CD back to the Wal-Mart where I purchased it and told them that I didn't want a censored album. They told me it was company policy to play big brother. I said that the packaging was not so marked and they had to take it back. They told me they couldn't take it back opened because of federal piracy laws. I lost patience, having only a scintilla for starters. I asked the "help" desk person if she had a waste basket. She said she did and I handed her the CD and told her to throw it in the effing waste basket. She didn't get the humor.

keno

Bradford
03-15-2005, 03:56 PM
If you have a recordable CD player, you can just run the DVD player through the stereo and record to CD as it plays. This would work with a tape deck as well.

christian
03-15-2005, 04:14 PM
Connect the DVD player to your computer (RCA to line in). Set up your CD burner to record the input on line in. Play DVD. Burn CD.

More specific instructions really depends on what CD burning program you use.

- Christian

scooter01
03-15-2005, 05:00 PM
Bingo Christian!
Thanks!

I just knew this Forum had the smartest people around.

Blastinbob
03-15-2005, 08:20 PM
I just knew this Forum had the smartest people around.
You don't get out much, do you ! ........... Me either.