PDA

View Full Version : NCAA March Madness Tourney

rugbysecondrow
03-15-2010, 08:06 AM
It was discussed last week that it would be fun to have a group social NCAA bracket context for the forum.

For those interested, use this link: http://serottaforum.mayhem.cbssports.com/e

You might have to sign in or register, but it will take you to this page.

It will prompt you for a group password, which is: bananadance :banana:

Free, no money, no betting, just braggin rights.

PM for questions.

Smiley
03-15-2010, 08:13 AM
Thanks Rugby and I will pick Louisville to win it all just for your help. I am in Big Time.

This ladies and gents this for bragging rights for BB IQ. Where are my Dukie brothers, I assume you pick Duke for a Final four appreance since they have a cake walk to that place :)

rugbysecondrow
03-15-2010, 08:19 AM
Louisville and Duke in the second round...that has upset written all over it.

Lifelover
03-15-2010, 08:41 AM
Sounds Fun. I'll try to sign up from home in the next day or two.

By chance, the timing for my ACL replacement works out great. I'm having surgery Wednesday so I will be stuck on the couch all Thursday and Friday. I normally don't get to watch much of the first round. This year I will get to watch (or at least sleep thru) all of it :banana: .

Go ODU!

I'm in.

Smiley
03-15-2010, 02:22 PM
Pin this post please

jlwdm
03-15-2010, 03:39 PM
Pete locks all OT threads a few days ago and now you want him to pin an OT thread that does not even start "OT" (although the subject is clearly off topic).

Looking for trouble.

Jeff

Smiley
03-15-2010, 03:57 PM
Pete locks all OT threads a few days ago and now you want him to pin an OT thread that does not even start "OT" (although the subject is clearly off topic).

Looking for trouble.

Jeff
a nice way to bond, lets hold hands here :)

znfdl
03-16-2010, 06:21 AM
Smiley:

Why does everyone say that there is a conspiracy for Duke to make it to the final? Duke had on really bad game all year long and it happened to be against Georgetown.

I will try to sign up later today.

rugbysecondrow
03-16-2010, 06:25 AM

Looking for trouble.

Jeff

It is sports and competition related. Many of the schools participating have cycling teams. Plus, it is a bonding event, similar saying what pub we are meeting at for NAHBS for dinner.

You should play, it would be fun. :)

Smiley
03-16-2010, 06:42 AM
Smiley:

Why does everyone say that there is a conspiracy for Duke to make it to the final? Duke had on really bad game all year long and it happened to be against Georgetown.

I will try to sign up later today.

This is Dukes year to get to the final 4 for sure.

rugbysecondrow
03-17-2010, 11:26 AM
Bump...we have 8 people so far and are open for more...get your picks in!

Paul

rugbysecondrow
03-18-2010, 05:40 AM
Brackets are due by noon EST today!

Somehow I was able to rationalize Louisville into the Final Four...we'll see how that turns out.

:beer:

znfdl
03-18-2010, 08:54 AM
Just signed up.

Smiley
03-18-2010, 10:02 AM
12:04 and it would not let me play :)

thegunner
03-19-2010, 12:48 AM
oh god my bracket failed superhard yesterday (i didn't play in this one)

rugbysecondrow
03-19-2010, 06:22 AM
Who would have tought Georgetown would have gotten thumped like that. At least that exploded lots of peoples brackets.

SEABREEZE
03-19-2010, 06:58 AM
What about washington over marquette.

Blue Jays
03-19-2010, 07:08 AM
Georgetown was a complete surprise! Whoa.

Smiley
03-19-2010, 07:15 AM
Go"Big Least" conference, Villanova should have been dumped yesterday too :)

rugbysecondrow
03-19-2010, 07:16 AM
Louisville will represent tonight!

thegunner
03-19-2010, 08:15 PM
more bracketastrophies tonight

znfdl
03-20-2010, 07:04 AM
Louisville will represent tonight!

Yes, they represented the "Big Least"

Hardlyrob
03-20-2010, 08:44 AM
What a day for Cornell!

First time ever to advance in the NCAA tourney - with a resounding win over Temple.

In other sports news Cornell Men's hockey advances to the conference championship game tonight (7th championship ganme in 10 years; ECAC with an automatic NCAA bid).

Cornell Women's hockey is in the NCAA final Sunday

Cornell Men's Wrestling advances two to the NCAA finals, and is in second place overall.

Prolly the biggest sports Friday in Cornell history.

Let's Go Red!

(can you tell I'm an alum?)

Rob

rugbysecondrow
03-20-2010, 08:52 AM
Yes, they represented the "Big Least"

Luckily it was not televised...you can't spot a team 15 points and expect to win.

BengeBoy
03-20-2010, 06:04 PM
My mother, father and brother went to Kansas State.

My wife and I went to the University of Kansas.

I'm not answering the phone for the next few days.

Louis
03-20-2010, 06:30 PM
I'm not answering the phone for the next few days.

I just called a buddy of mine from work who's a big J-Hawk fan. His wife answered and wanted to know if this was related to the game. I said "No, work" so she put him on...

Bradford
03-21-2010, 04:03 PM
What a day for Cornell!

You're Sixteen, you're beautiful, and you're mine!

Bring on the 'Cats!

rugbysecondrow
03-21-2010, 04:53 PM
The Maryland game was close...great buzzer beater.

Louis
03-21-2010, 08:13 PM
You're Sixteen, you're beautiful, and you're mine!

Bring on the 'Cats!

Dartmouth '83 rooting for you guys - even though I would guess that the last few years you've been beating up on us regularly. Princeton and Penn used to be the class of the Ivies, but lately it's been Cornell. Hopefully this will help cheer things up on campus. From what I read in the paper things have been messy up there.

znfdl
03-27-2010, 11:34 AM
Duke to the Elite eight, gotta love it.

SEABREEZE
03-27-2010, 06:32 PM
Butler looking awful good right now, factor in they will be home in Indinapolis, the crowd will be going crazy...

Lifelover
03-27-2010, 08:20 PM
What a crazy runt his has been. One complete side of my bracket is completely busted but I think I'm still in first place. :banana:

Do I win a new custom AE?

rugbysecondrow
03-27-2010, 09:32 PM
This has been some great basketball...

Good Times.

znfdl
03-28-2010, 07:11 PM
Life is back to normal, Duke to the Final Four!!!! :banana: :banana:

rugbysecondrow
03-28-2010, 07:12 PM
Duke made it, good came and they rebounded well. The refs came to their rescue a few too many times (that technical was bull crap). They would have probably won regardless, but it seems they get protected a bit.

znfdl
03-28-2010, 07:43 PM
Duke made it, good came and they rebounded well. The refs came to their rescue a few too many times (that technical was bull crap). They would have probably won regardless, but it seems they get protected a bit.

Rugby: The same old whine that the refs bailed out Duke. How about calling the Baylor moving screens. I do love it when everyone picks for Duke to lose and they keep winning......

rugbysecondrow
03-28-2010, 07:53 PM
Rugby: The same old whine that the refs bailed out Duke. How about calling the Baylor moving screens. I do love it when everyone picks for Duke to lose and they keep winning......

I think Duke would have won anyway, but it seemed too ticky tacky down the stretch.

Duke is a good team, I am a hater and I know it.

trophyoftexas
03-28-2010, 08:03 PM
...that my Mom, 92, will be there for something like her 28th Final Four in the last 30 years! She's an incredible basketball fan and doesn't care who's playing as long as it's up-tempo stuff!

rugbysecondrow
03-28-2010, 08:11 PM
very cool

znfdl
03-29-2010, 05:15 AM
...that my Mom, 92, will be there for something like her 28th Final Four in the last 30 years! She's an incredible basketball fan and doesn't care who's playing as long as it's up-tempo stuff!

Trophy, quite nice. Will be there with her?

SEABREEZE
03-29-2010, 01:07 PM

It just doesnt get any better than hearing a story like this.

Old in age,,, young at Heart I love it.

trophyoftexas
03-29-2010, 02:18 PM
Trophy, quite nice. Will be there with her?
No I won't be there. I was raised as a HUGE basketball fan while growing up in Saginaw, Michigan but over the years my interest has waned almost completely....not sure if it's been 30 years of exposure to Texas high school football or what but I now watch almost NO collegiate or pro basketball and NO high school ball at all. I watched the last 5 minutes or so of each of the sweet 16 games, about all that interested me. Loved the video on the NCAA site, made MY style of watching about perfect!

trophyoftexas
03-29-2010, 02:23 PM
It just doesnt get any better than hearing a story like this.

Old in age,,, young at Heart I love it.

Plays golf 2-4 times a week, walks MILES every day, and works out for an hour and a half 5 days a week at the gym! She's a wonderful Mom and person too and all of her activities only makes her that much more amazing. She was married to a basketball coach for 30 of their 52 married years and I think she maybe just feels closer to my Dad when she's at a game....PLUS...she LOVES to give the officials HELL!

I hadn't talked to her in a couple of weeks so I gave her a call a few weeks ago but she couldn't talk....she was at the PAC 10 tournament! Gotta love it!

SEABREEZE
03-29-2010, 03:50 PM
B]PLUS...she LOVES to give the officials HELL[/B]!

Now were talking ! ! !

Volant
03-29-2010, 03:56 PM
Being here in Knoxvegas, I was hoping Tennessee would've pulled off the victory over MS. But, man, air-balling free-throws isn't going to get you to the big dance! :crap: