PDA

View Full Version : Riding around Sonora, California?

SHOCK
03-13-2010, 07:17 PM
Anyone living in, around, close to, or know about any good rides in Sonora/Jamestown, California. I will be there from Saturday the 20th until Saturday the 27th and I will be there with my new Meivici. I am hoping to get about 5 days in. The last few days I will be in the Napa area and I am sure there is great riding there. I hope the weather is good, as I am coming from SerottaLand and it is still cool and rainy. Any info is greatly appreciated!!!

SHOCK
03-14-2010, 08:29 PM
No one??? What a bummer....

toaster
03-14-2010, 08:55 PM
One could start here:

http://www.mapmyride.com/find-ride/united-states/ca/sonora

Then arrive at destination and try one or two routes and ask other cyclists for other popular loops.

Once I got on a train with just my bike, gear, credit card and map and rode it a couple hundred miles to do a route I found through researching web pages.

don compton
03-14-2010, 09:31 PM
Anyone living in, around, close to, or know about any good rides in Sonora/Jamestown, California. I will be there from Saturday the 20th until Saturday the 27th and I will be there with my new Meivici. I am hoping to get about 5 days in. The last few days I will be in the Napa area and I am sure there is great riding there. I hope the weather is good, as I am coming from SerottaLand and it is still cool and rainy. Any info is greatly appreciated!!!
i live in lodi,ca. and have ridden many of the roads in that area. when you are going to " map my ride", look for rodden road, parrots ferry rd., wards ferry rd., new and old priest grade, jamestown rd., murphys grade, dogtown road, and avery grade. there is a bicycle shop in angel's camp, not far from jamestown, and they can give you a list of many rides. just a thought, the area is very hilly ( think geyers in healdsburg ).
sincerely, don c.