PDA

View Full Version : Quint Family going 7K

stackie
03-12-2010, 12:15 PM
All,

I was just tipped off to the story of this family of 5 who are riding their quint from Kentucky to Alaska. They consist of mom, dad, and three girls, aged 2, 4, and 6. Right now they are heading up the California Coast, having just left Cambria yesterday. We contacted them via their webpage and they are going to stop and visit us in Monterey on Tuesday. We're going to have a nice meal for them and have them stay the night with us as a break from tent camping. We're super eager to meet them!

Anyway, I think many of you might be interested in checking out their website. It really makes you think about your life! Perhaps, if any of you live close to their route you might like to meet them and help out if you can.

Their website is www.pedouins.org

Jon

Russell
03-12-2010, 12:20 PM
That is super cool you are doing that for them. And they are pretty amazing to do this as a family. It's a struggle to get my 11 year old to ride around the block with me.

hokoman
03-12-2010, 12:21 PM
wow. i hope the headwind doesn't kill them going up the coast.

gasman
03-12-2010, 12:23 PM
Good on you Jon.

If they come through Eugene they are welcome here.

stackie
03-12-2010, 12:39 PM
Hoko, I think they are unstoppable. They have just survived a trailer fire!

If anyone wants to help them, you can contact the father, Bill via their webpage!

Jon

BumbleBeeDave
03-12-2010, 02:28 PM
. . . and don't piss off Grandpa! :eek: :rolleyes:

BBD

Waldo
03-12-2010, 06:15 PM
Somehow, I don't think grandpa really means it. His eyes do not look that mad and his mouth is almost smiling.

chuckroast
03-12-2010, 08:00 PM
What's the airline gonna charge them to ship that bike back home when they're done?

Seriously though what a cool adventure for the kiddoes. I hope the 2YO is able to remember it.