PDA

View Full Version : Bib shorts?

jpw
03-10-2010, 05:18 AM
I'm after some new shorts. I've been recommended PI or Assos. My wallet is opening. Opinions?

NB - that should say 'bib' not bid - this is not ebay. The horror!

wasfast
03-10-2010, 08:27 AM
Did you not see this thread from last week>

http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=70795&highlight=bib+shorts

My own contribution, worth the ASCII it's written in:

Giordana Forma Red
Assos S5 Uno
Capo and any other shorts with EIT pads

dekindy
03-10-2010, 08:40 AM
Voler are good and American made. Hammer Nutrition shorts/bibs are made from Voler and are a decent price and usually available.

Charles M
03-10-2010, 09:36 AM
I just got a box of the second level kit from Bellweather...

I'm a guy who's not typically interested in what I thought was "that level" of clothing and have a bail full of Assos, Demarchi, Capo etc...

Bellweather's forma bibs are their second tier product and I swear if they had Assos "XLINE" lables stitched in I would not have been suprised and would have thought "yeah, this is a good second line from Assos... 4 fabrics in the shorts (where you would expect them to be for performance sake), a VERY nice Cham, very good stitching... a few color choices...

These are an extremely respectable quality that would be 200+ with another lable.

99 bucks.(and less on line)

I probably own 30 pair of bibs, but if I were buying retail, I would hesitate for about the same time gap between the second and third place runners in the olympic 100 meters before ordering them.

I gotta say I was/am blown away by the quality of kit you can get at reasonable (relative to high quality bike kit) price right now from Bellweather, Gore and a couple others.

Keith A
03-10-2010, 09:51 AM
Pez -- Thanks for the input. BTW, I went to their website and they only show shorts and no bibs???

Charles M
03-10-2010, 09:57 AM
http://www.indiebike.com/core/media/media.nl;jsessionid=0a010d521f43c3c238e7081541f1ae 7fcab7f2549f89.e3eTaxmKbNaNe34Pa38Ta38Ma350?id=185 23&c=651453&h=c6ac208ff1869fff1ad3
I haven't been to their site... I try not to go look at anyones info before I write something, so I don't get anything stuck in my head about the product special "Lubri-crotch" or "blowPad" or whatever they call what ever it is :D .

I just goggle searched bellweather forma bib and lots of stuff popped up.

Keith A
03-10-2010, 10:00 AM
Thanks.

I was able to find some info on the web...just not from their website. Their site has shorts, jerseys, gloves, etc...just nothing on their bibs...weird.

toaster
03-10-2010, 11:09 AM
Thanks for posting the info, PezTech. Have to check out Bellweather.

It's amazing how bad some of the quality has gotten on clothing, just go into a retailer like Performance and see some of the cheap looking clothing they're selling.

Good thing there, I guess, is people new to the sport have a convenient way to buy crap.

palincss
03-10-2010, 11:16 AM
I probably own 30 pair of bibs, but if I were buying retail, I would hesitate for about the same time gap between the second and third place runners in the olympic 100 meters before ordering them.

What does anyone do with 30 pairs of shorts?

beungood
03-10-2010, 11:16 AM
I'll second Voler, Very well constructed and very fast shipping. If you sign up for thier email they have quite a few clearance sales with great pricing.

Charles M
03-10-2010, 11:18 AM
Thanks for posting the info, PezTech. Have to check out Bellweather.

It's amazing how bad some of the quality has gotten on clothing, just go into a retailer like Performance and see some of the cheap looking clothing they're selling.

Good thing there, I guess, is people new to the sport have a convenient way to buy crap.

That's probably the way all things work after a while... stuff has peaks and valleys and sometimes the high end guys haveto be forced to step up their game... Garbage aside, I think stuff like this just resets peoples price / quality expectations.

I LOVE assos and a couple ofther brands and there are certain piees of their kit and others I would want in certain conditions, but for gereral every day reasonable conditions I wouldn't get near buying Assos or Rapha any longer.

I like a "LOOKATME" label more than the next guy probably, but there are some things that, now that I have more perspective on clothing, make me see lables that read "LOOKATMYLACK OF PERSPECTIVE"...

It's like the MASSIVE rash of MMA style clothing in retail stores now. I look at this sea of skulls and wings and thing that rather than "AFFLICTION / DEVASTATION" etc the shirts should read "COMPENSATION" ;)

At least with the top brands at top dollar in cycling clothes you're getting very good quality gear when you spend your money... There's nothing wrong with that at all...

It's just that there are closer competitors to the quality level than people might think. the trickle down in clothing tech and quality might be the highest in cycling relative to value.

After review period, they get worn 1-30th as often as most folks would wear shorts... It's pathetic, but stuff comes in faster than I can keep track sometimes. A lot of it is trial run test stuff that doesnt get posted and is just for feedback. It's watseful and I wish it were not.

jlwdm
03-10-2010, 12:21 PM

I LOVE assos and a couple ofther brands and there are certain piees of their kit and others I would want in certain conditions, but for gereral every day reasonable conditions I wouldn't get near buying Assos or Rapha any longer.

I have ridden a lot of miles (for me) in the last three years and a lot more miles at night and in relatively colder weather. Quality, comfortable clothes are important to me. Until early last year I had not owned any Assos or Rapha clothing - the few pieces I have are definitely go to pieces. I like the Assos Uno bibs and jerseys and the Early winter gloves with liners have been perfect for the colder weather. The Rapha bibs, country jersey and neck gator are also favorites.

I can ride for hours in the Assos and Rapha bibs and never feel a thing.

Jeff

Charles M
03-10-2010, 12:25 PM
Me too.

false_Aest
03-10-2010, 12:51 PM
Top of the line Gore bibs are super mega awesome dope.

Xenons. Padding is thin enough and ergo-like. It's also orange which will cover up the strange skid marks you'll get after drinking 1 too many orange enduro-drinks and eating your 17th carrotcake cliff bar.

jpw
03-10-2010, 12:54 PM
Top of the line Gore bibs are super mega awesome dope.

Xenons. Padding is thin enough and ergo-like. It's also orange which will cover up the strange skid marks you'll get after drinking 1 too many orange enduro-drinks and eating your 17th carrotcake cliff bar.

Thanks for that detail. :beer:

false_Aest
03-10-2010, 01:10 PM
Yeah when I haven';t ridden in 10-ish days I get strange.

My poor work-studies... Have to deal with insanity and stupidity for a while.

Charles M
03-10-2010, 01:17 PM
http://www.pezcyclingnews.com/photos/tech/gore/gorcham1.jpg
GORE STUFF (http://www.pezcyclingnews.com/default.asp?pg=fullstory&id=7324)

Waldo
03-10-2010, 05:33 PM

Can you say "layering?" :banana:

Elefantino
03-11-2010, 01:04 AM
I don't know about y'all, but if I spent more than $100 on a pair of bib shorts I'd be sleeping on the couch.

I scored a bunch of Cannondale bib shorts for $50 each (reg. $149) and they're wonderful, better IMHO than our Squadra team bibs. Voler is good, too, when the stuff is on sale, and I have five pairs that were.

I've spent less on really nice frames than some people spend on Assos stuff.

jlwdm
03-11-2010, 10:02 AM
I have heard good things about the Capo bibs so I scooped up a couple of pair from a store I know that had some on sale on Ebay - $100 and $110.

One ride each so far 31 and 20 miles is all, but felt good so far. Great material.

Jeff

Halfcalf
03-12-2010, 02:04 AM
I'd say whatever fits your tush and your legs. Most padding is pretty good. Some shorts sag, other's fit great. Trying them on helps. I use Assos Mille's. Some Assos I've had for over 7 years. And they are still holding up. The newer versions are more comfortable. I also wear our bike club kit...the bibs are very comfortable and hold up well...Pactimos.

slowandsteady
03-14-2010, 07:11 AM
I have heard good things about the Capo bibs so I scooped up a couple of pair from a store I know that had some on sale on Ebay - $100 and $110.

One ride each so far 31 and 20 miles is all, but felt good so far. Great material.
Jeff

Hi - Any chance you can share your source for these bibs?
I am looking into them strongly. How do you like the pad? It seems kind of "big" in pictures I have seen.

-Matt-

jpw
03-14-2010, 07:26 AM
Thanks for the contributions to my thread. My memory has been jogged about the number of panels in shorts. Six seems to be the way of things, but do some have eight, and where are the additional two to be found? Are eight more comfortable than six?

ahumblecycler
03-14-2010, 11:52 AM
"Six seems to be the way of things, but do some have eight, and where are the additional two to be found? Are eight more comfortable than six?"

The answer to both question is that is depends upon the manufacturer. The company typical ads panels to the legs to create a more natural fit (basically it allows it to conform to the body's position better than relying on lycra stretching). Some companies use up to 10 or 11 panels. My experience regarding panel count is across the board. I was pleased with Assos Uno with 6 panels, and I love my Sugoi RS with 10 panels. I do not believe the number of panels is the deal breaker ... it is how they are used.

Castelli's new body paint bib short I believe is technically 1 panel (or maybe 2 depending on you count). Review across numerous sources (but none from the regular bicycle rider in any forum I participate) has raved about the fit. I would like to know how they feel after 1500 miles of cycling from someone not paid to write an article (Pez is rubbing off on me :) ).

WadePatton
03-14-2010, 09:59 PM
boure is my fave. two or three levels, usa, and unconditionally guaranteed forever.

no big ad budget being redistributed through the product to the customer.

http://www.boure.com/

tylercheung
04-17-2010, 06:22 PM
hrm...

was thinking of grabbing some knickers. If you had the choice between a 2007 assos roubaix knickers, vs Gore's Xenon knickers at around the same price (due to discount on assos), which would you pick?

although i might end up doing boure since they are at still cheaper...

crazymonk
04-17-2010, 07:17 PM
I just got the giordana FORMA RED. I am very impressed. As soon as I saw them and did one ride I bought another.

Dekonick
04-17-2010, 09:22 PM
No mention of Etxe Ondo? I have 2 pair and love them. Most of my other bibs are worn only when I haven't washed the Etxe Ondo's.

anomaly
04-17-2010, 09:48 PM
Have thousands of miles on Castelli's top end stuff and after 25 wearing Assos I wont be going back

dekindy
04-18-2010, 07:01 AM
Have thousands of miles on Castelli's top end stuff and after 25 wearing Assos I wont be going back

After wearing the F1.Mille_S5 I have the same sentiment. A fellow forumite had 3 pairs at a great price so I thought I would try a pair since it was not much more than what I had been considering paying. I wish I had purchased all 3!

slowandsteady
04-18-2010, 11:49 AM
What exactly is the name of the Castelli "top end" stuff...inquiring minds want to know?

I just bought a pair of Boure Elite Bibs and only have one ride on them but can tell you they are REALLY well made, very comfy, have minimal padding that is pretty flat (not stacked like others) and has good 4 way stretch. That being said i only one 25 miler I put on them so far. I also love that they are made in the USA and have an unconditional guarantee.

I guess only time and miles will tell me everything else I need to know :-)

anomaly
04-18-2010, 01:09 PM
What exactly is the name of the Castelli "top end" stuff...inquiring minds want to know?

I just bought a pair of Boure Elite Bibs and only have one ride on them but can tell you they are REALLY well made, very comfy, have minimal padding that is pretty flat (not stacked like others) and has good 4 way stretch. That being said i only one 25 miler I put on them so far. I also love that they are made in the USA and have an unconditional guarantee.

I guess only time and miles will tell me everything else I need to know :-)
Free, Endurance and a few different KISS models

steveymcdubs
04-19-2010, 01:14 AM
I've had great experiences with these bibs:

http://www.love2pedal.com/Items/Item.aspx?SKU=fa.bib9x2.lg&caSKU=fa.bib9x2.lg&caTitle=2%20pair%20for%20$56%20BIBS%20BIBSHORTS%20 Large%20L%20Lg%20bike%20shorts%20Men's%20-%20Coolmax%20Seatpad

I don't think you can beat them for the price. Also, if you pm 'love2pedal' on bikeforums.net, I think he'll give you a $5 coupon.

R2D2
04-19-2010, 06:26 AM
I just got the giordana FORMA RED. I am very impressed. As soon as I saw them and did one ride I bought another.
+1
Best shorts I've riden. The stitching is much better than anything out there (ASSOS,CAPO,PI...).

jscottyk
04-19-2010, 08:35 AM
No mention of Etxe Ondo? I have 2 pair and love them. Most of my other bibs are worn only when I haven't washed the Etxe Ondo's.

+1 on Etxe Ondo.

I mostly ride Assos. One version of the Mille or another. Gave Etxe Ondo a try this winter and am very pleased.

Call Dohnn at Team Sales Cycling (http://www.tscyclingusa.com/manufacturers.php?manufacturerid=18). He'll set you straight. The Attaque bibs are as good (maybe better) as any of the Assos.

jblande
04-19-2010, 08:38 AM
How does the Exte Ondo sizing compare to Assos?

jscottyk
04-19-2010, 09:43 AM
How does the Exte Ondo sizing compare to Assos?

I wear a Large in both. I'm 6' tall with a 36" inseam, and 31" waist, ~168 lbs. If I had normal proportioned legs I might go with a Medium. Call Dohnn as he as experience with both brands.

ahumblecycler
05-06-2010, 01:11 PM
Resurrecting a previous thread with the thought of keeping information in one location (easier to reference).

I would like to hear feedback/experience regarding Descente C6 bib short or any of their models utilizing the stealth chamois please.

My bib short issue. I am looking for three qualities: proper bottom fit, nice chamois, and straps that stabilize (and not pull into place) bottoms which suggests some degree of elasticity. My problem is that I typically get 2 out of 3. My latest failure was the Hincapie Signature bib short with great straps, great chamois, but leg diameter for a beast (which apparently I am not; I should have paid more attention to the diameter column on the sizing chart) for size medium (I did not try small fearing straps would be way too taut and likely bottoms too tight).

I am also open to other suggestions. What has not worked has included Santini, Assos, Capo (L; considering M for the limited edition line), Sugoi RS 2010 design, De Marchi, Craft, and GBW.

mgm777
05-06-2010, 01:40 PM
I just purchased a new pair of Assos FI Mille S5 bibs. I have been a long time Assos FI 13 wearer, but couldn't justify the extreme price of the new version. I am 5'10 and weigh 150-155 and have, in the past, always worn size L, in the Assos bibs, medium in every other brand. After reading some reviews on the web about their new bib sizing, I was conflicted on what size was appropriate for my size. Each of the major online retailers had a different size chart for Assos bibs. So, I went to Assos.com and looked at their size chart. For bibs, they only use height for determining size, and according to their chart, I was a solid Medium based on my height, 5'10". Upon delivery, I nervously tried them on and to my surprise they fit perfectly. I agree with other reviews that say the elastic on the leg openings are looser with the current version. They are, but not uncomfortably so in a size M. I too have a pair of Hincapie bibs and also experienced the "Huge Leg Openings" syndrome others have described. My two cents.

slowandsteady
05-06-2010, 03:40 PM
Sizing Info for ASSOS Bibs:

I have a new pair of Assos F1 Uno S5 in XL and they are just right in size XL.
I am 6'3", 173lbs with 34" waist, 43" chest.

If you are any taller/bigger I would go up a size.

ahumblecycler
05-06-2010, 04:50 PM
Assos did not do it for me along with many other brands. Maybe I am too picky.

Seott-e
05-06-2010, 09:56 PM
Bib.

ahumblecycler
05-07-2010, 11:17 AM
@Seott-e ... "What?" :help:

:)

jlwdm
05-07-2010, 11:46 AM
Assos did not do it for me along with many other brands. Maybe I am too picky.

Or????

Jeff

ahumblecycler
05-07-2010, 12:12 PM
I am not sure what is going on, but I play for now.

I am not picky as much as I will not settle. I do not expect perfect, but I do expect a minimum of 80% satisfaction.

On top of it all, I do not have a Euro (or American thankfully) physique so sizing is always an issue.

For those who continue to try sell Assos to me, save your time as it will not work. I tried several models (FI-13 S2, Uno S-5, Mille S-5 [IMO the worst of the bunch]) for many miles (including a century) and I found them to give me negative physical issues.

I have tried almost everything:
Sugoi RS & Ti (worked until latest change in material)
Etxo Ondo Bliss & another model cannot recall
Assos (see above)
Giordana Forma, Forma Red, & Laser
GBW Power, Xenon, & Xenon Sonic
De Marchi Contour Plus
PI (most models)
Nike
Performance Bike Ultra & II
Hincapie Signature
Capo Peloton
Santini Genesis & Carbon
Castelli Kiss chamois
Craft Pro
Louis Garneau Carbon

Bib shorts to try:
Panache 11
Descente C6
Castelli with the new Progetto X2 chamois
Capo with carbon EIT chamois
De Marchi EVO

jblande
05-07-2010, 12:27 PM
I am not sure what is going on, but I play for now.

I am not picky as much as I will not settle. I do not expect perfect, but I do expect a minimum of 80% satisfaction.

On top of it all, I do not have a Euro (or American thankfully) physique so sizing is always an issue.

For those who continue to try sell Assos to me, save your time as it will not work. I tried several models (FI-13 S2, Uno S-5, Mille S-5 [IMO the worst of the bunch]) for many miles (including a century) and I found them to give me negative physical issues.

I have tried almost everything:
Sugoi RS & Ti (worked until latest change in material)
Etxo Ondo Bliss & another model cannot recall
Assos (see above)
Giordana Forma, Forma Red, & Laser
GBW Power, Xenon, & Xenon Sonic
De Marchi Contour Plus
PI (most models)
Nike
Performance Bike Ultra & II
Hincapie Signature
Capo Peloton
Santini Genesis & Carbon
Castelli Kiss chamois
Craft Pro
Louis Garneau Carbon

Bib shorts to try:
Panache 11
Descente C6
Castelli with the new Progetto X2 chamois
Capo with carbon EIT chamois
De Marchi EVO

maybe the problem, assuming there is a problem, is not the shorts?

ahumblecycler
05-07-2010, 12:45 PM
Go on ... ?

Edit - I admit it is likely mental (not accepting less than what "I" believe is the best ... which likely alters per ride) ... perhaps this is a circular discussion

Marcy
05-07-2010, 01:16 PM
Try the products from the Jones sisters who run Joneswares:

http://www.joneswares.com/

Wonderful gear, fair price, and custom sizes if you want. And made in USA! :-)

-- Marc

Ozz
05-07-2010, 01:18 PM
...On top of it all, I do not have a Euro (or American thankfully) physique so sizing is always an issue. ...

and I found them to give me negative physical issues.

So is it a fit or "negative physical issues" problem (I will guess that means chafing or saddle sores. :( )?

I had some Assos FI.13's and they always felt like I was getting a wedgie...maybe they were too small, but never tried the next size up. Seemed like an expensive experiment. Exte Ondo seem to work just fine.

Been tempted by the Giordana's, but I am set on bibs for awhile....

McQueen
05-07-2010, 02:32 PM
I have the Castelli free and Assos f1.13

I have to complain a little about the Castelli Free..

The problem with the concept is that in the effort to free your front side from the bib straps they wrap over your shoulder in a way that leaves marks on my shoulders. Additionally for the price, I wish they could put their logo on the shorts in a way that would prevent cracking after a season of use.

The chamois is good, but the bib straps suck.

I really like the Assos, and questioned the value at first, but from the moment you look at the box it comes in the product is top notch.. After a couple of months, I would wear then exclusively if I could. (except for racing or other things that they may end up worse for the wear.). Very comfortable, and my only minor complaint is the mesh carbon fiber back can on occasion be a little scratchy.

Charles M
05-07-2010, 03:29 PM
Ahumb,

Lets talk turkey. What are the Physical things. Balls? Mr Johnson? Scuffing? Smashing? bunching?

And what saddle do you use and in what tilt?

Keith A
05-07-2010, 04:26 PM
I just purchased a new pair of Assos FI Mille S5 bibs. I have been a long time Assos FI 13 wearer, but couldn't justify the extreme price of the new version. I am 5'10 and weigh 150-155 and have, in the past, always worn size L, in the Assos bibs, medium in every other brand. After reading some reviews on the web about their new bib sizing, I was conflicted on what size was appropriate for my size. Each of the major online retailers had a different size chart for Assos bibs. So, I went to Assos.com and looked at their size chart. For bibs, they only use height for determining size, and according to their chart, I was a solid Medium based on my height, 5'10". Upon delivery, I nervously tried them on and to my surprise they fit perfectly. I agree with other reviews that say the elastic on the leg openings are looser with the current version. They are, but not uncomfortably so in a size M. I too have a pair of Hincapie bibs and also experienced the "Huge Leg Openings" syndrome others have described. My two cents.Interesting. I recently purchased my first pair of Assos bibs...which are the FI Mille S5 version. I'm almost exactly your size, just a hair under 5'10" and exact same weight range. I went with the size large and feel like they fit me nicely. I too looked at their sizing chart and 5'10" is at the top end of the medium and the bottom end of the large and so I went with the large.

BTW, I have one pair of Hincapie bibs and one pair of shorts and I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only person that found their leg openings too large. For some reason the bibs are liveable, but the shorts aren't.

ahumblecycler
05-07-2010, 07:31 PM
Leave it to Pez to ask about the details (but after reading his BW bib review, nothing surprises me :p ) I officially will rate this as R due to sexual organ references :eek:

Ultimately, the problem is that I am between bib short sizing. More and more shorts is going for the height versus waist, and I credit this as the issue (I older models based on waist and straps that are elastic always fit). I am 5'10.5" with muscular build. I find Large where 5'10" is the bottom of the range including Assos to be too big (way too much bunching in thighs). On the other hand, 5'10" appears to the be ideal point (for manufacturers that is) to make it the end range of Medium. These bib shorts become uncomfortably too tight after 40 miles, and the Assos resulted in too much heat build up and subsequent heat related irritation, burning, and itching. On top of it all, I had to use way too much chamois creme to reduce (not eliminate) chaffing. The areas included tip down to balls (blame it on Pez). The alternative was the larger size, which did not provide support and would like the penis slide where. You can imagine this being a problem when I stand up to hammer it and then sit ... ouch! :eek:

Last year, I cycled 14,845 miles with no issues. I rotated 3 Sugoi bib shorts 2008 models, which are worn out. I ride the Aliante saddle with a title of 1.2 (digital leveler).

The honest may actually be in cheaper bib shorts. The higher end ones utilize a lot of tech that may in fact not be what I need.

dekindy
05-07-2010, 08:08 PM
Leave it to Pez to ask about the details (but after reading his BW bib review, nothing surprises me :p ) I officially will rate this as R due to sexual organ references :eek:

Ultimately, the problem is that I am between bib short sizing. More and more shorts is going for the height versus waist, and I credit this as the issue (I older models based on waist and straps that are elastic always fit). I am 5'10.5" with muscular build. I find Large where 5'10" is the bottom of the range including Assos to be too big (way too much bunching in thighs). On the other hand, 5'10" appears to the be ideal point (for manufacturers that is) to make it the end range of Medium. These bib shorts become uncomfortably too tight after 40 miles, and the Assos resulted in too much heat build up and subsequent heat related irritation, burning, and itching. On top of it all, I had to use way too much chamois creme to reduce (not eliminate) chaffing. The areas included tip down to balls (blame it on Pez). The alternative was the larger size, which did not provide support and would like the penis slide where. You can imagine this being a problem when I stand up to hammer it and then sit ... ouch! :eek:

Last year, I cycled 14,845 miles with no issues. I rotated 3 Sugoi bib shorts 2008 models, which are worn out. I ride the Aliante saddle with a title of 1.2 (digital leveler).

The honest may actually be in cheaper bib shorts. The higher end ones utilize a lot of tech that may in fact not be what I need.

I could make a bad joke about your saddle tile, my Aliante saddle is tilted at 1.3 degrees so that must be perfect.

All kidding aside, it sounds like you should take your measurements and have custom bibs made. Here is a source and I am sure there are others.
http://www.boure.com/customfit.html

This guy had custom bib tights made and describes the process.
http://www.roadbikereview.com/cat/clothing/shorts/boure/PRD_426302_1655crx.aspx

JohnHemlock
05-07-2010, 09:34 PM
sometimes I think ignorance is bliss. I buy $30 Pearl Izumi shorts on closeout, or cheap bib shorts, ride them for 5 or 6 hours, and never notice anything. I just "stepped up" to a pair of Boure bibs and they are fine but not any more special than my PI cheapie shorts.

Good luck with your search!

Birddog
05-07-2010, 10:00 PM
Ahumbler; try the Rapha bib shorts. I'm 5'9.5", 175 and the medium bibs are a good fit. I think they would fit some one more muscular easily. They have a good pad that at first seems like a diaper, but conforms nicely with use. I've used them on several 100 mile plus rides with no problems. They are not flashy, techie, or loaded with geegaws. They just get the job done.

Birddog

slowandsteady
05-08-2010, 06:15 AM
+5 - Go with a pair of Boure Elite. Wade and the crew over there will do just about anything to make sure your bibs fit properly. Incredible customer service and a GREAT product at a very reasonable price.

They will go custom or even just sew a LG top to Med bottoms if that is all you need.