PDA

View Full Version : Questions on a return-to-sender issue

kenw
03-09-2010, 10:07 AM
History: was high bidder on a frame/fork that was specified as -no returns-, but turned out to be misrepresented (specified as a 60cm but is a 58, (posted here last week)). Seller has agreed to refund cost + shipping both ways, but wants me to send frame before he refunds money. I'm not sure I want to do this, but maybe it's the way eBay returns work. I'm contacting eBay for their advice. What does the form think? Thanks. Ken

John M
03-09-2010, 10:27 AM
I'd send him the frame. Sounds like he is making good by agreeing to refund and nothing you have said suggests that the seller is dishonest. eBay protection should cover you if it doesn't work out.

Next time confirm the measurements. I once asked a seller to take a photo with a tape measure on a stem to confirm the length. He didn't have to go to that trouble, but he did, and we both made sure I was getting what I needed.

snah
03-09-2010, 10:29 AM
Ship with signature confirmation.

retrogrouchy
03-09-2010, 08:23 PM
I would echo what snah said. Pack it even better than it was packed when it was sent to you, preferably in the same box. Insure it also (perhaps - your call on that). Can you give us a link to the item? Is the seller's feedback flawless? If so, that's a good sign that he/she is completely honest, which about 99% of eBay sellers are.

JeffS
03-09-2010, 08:36 PM
Ship it back, just like you would with any store you needed to return an item to.

vqdriver
03-09-2010, 08:41 PM
+1 to packing it better than you received it.
the best way to muck this up is to have UPS punt the box off the truck.
i'd pay out of pocket for insurance and not even ask for it to be reimbursed.

as mentioned, if the seller's rep is good and judging by the communication, it sounds like you should be fine. the first sign someone's a flake on ebay is that they don't respond to emails.

vqdriver
03-09-2010, 08:42 PM
and yeah, definitely ship it with tracking. i find that UPS or fedex is the way to go for these deals. USPS tracking is just not up to par.

jmc22
03-09-2010, 08:57 PM
take lots of pics, close up pictures of the entire frame so if the Seller claims damage you can help prove your case if there is an issue