PDA

View Full Version : You overhear the funniest things at rides

dekindy
03-08-2010, 11:21 PM
I went to a LBS ride on Saturday morning. Most of the guys are way out of my league. Since it was so early in the season I actually thought they were serious about doing a Level 1 or 2 intensity ride. Wrong!

Anyway, amidst the usual talk of Zipp wheels and ordering new Specialized S-Works SL3's, I heard a guy that I know from my weekday training ride say that he sold his Moots Vamoots for more than he paid for it. How did he do that in this market? Do they hold their value exceptionally well?

JeffS
03-08-2010, 11:30 PM
Did he say he bought it new?

I buy just about everything used, and frequently sell bikes for more than I paid for them.

dekindy
03-09-2010, 07:02 AM
Did he say he bought it new?

I buy just about everything used, and frequently sell bikes for more than I paid for them.

Well, I guess I assumed that he purchased it new. Good point.

rwsaunders
03-09-2010, 07:12 AM
Let me guess....he always wins in Vegas too...

snah
03-09-2010, 08:06 AM
Let me guess....he always wins in Vegas too...

And probably never lost in the market, his money's always gold...

EDS
03-09-2010, 08:33 AM
I went to a LBS ride on Saturday morning. Most of the guys are way out of my league. Since it was so early in the season I actually thought they were serious about doing a Level 1 or 2 intensity ride. Wrong!

Anyway, amidst the usual talk of Zipp wheels and ordering new Specialized S-Works SL3's, I heard a guy that I know from my weekday training ride say that he sold his Moots Vamoots for more than he paid for it. How did he do that in this market? Do they hold their value exceptionally well?

He could have gotten a shop/team discount when he initially purchased it.