PDA

View Full Version : SRAM warranties

toaster
03-08-2010, 06:51 PM
Wondering if anybody has successfully contacted SRAM corporation as to warranty issues?

No response from my fax communication.

dogdriver
03-08-2010, 07:42 PM
I did, no problem.

Called on the phone (old school), talked to a human, they had me send the offending part (a RED cassette that had exploded, for lack of a better term) through my LBS. No problems, no complaints. They even paid shipping both directions. Received the replacement quickly, decided to use a Force cassette, sold the replacement to a forumite.

Best, Chris

C5 Snowboarder
03-08-2010, 08:05 PM
GF's bike with SRAM had a defective front deraileur -- replaced no problem
3 months later - front shifter broke inside - replaced no problem..

so I'd say they replaced within warranty -- but they should not have failed in the 1st place -- :rolleyes:

false_Aest
03-08-2010, 08:07 PM
Sram is from Chicago.

Very few people from Chicago can read faxes. They have big shoulders and squinty eyes from the wind.

I know. I'm from Chicago.

LBS know how to speek Cha-cah-go-eeze. They will help you out.

When Sram gets back to you and makes you happy send them a sixer of 312 and a gift certificate to Vienna Beef.

toaster
03-08-2010, 10:32 PM
I did, no problem.

Called on the phone (old school), talked to a human, they had me send the offending part (a RED cassette that had exploded, for lack of a better term) through my LBS. No problems, no complaints. They even paid shipping both directions. Received the replacement quickly, decided to use a Force cassette, sold the replacement to a forumite.

Best, Chris

What is the phone number to use?

dogdriver
03-08-2010, 10:42 PM
What is the phone number to use?

This off the web site-- I think its what I used...

312-664-8800

Best, Chris

Fruittard
03-09-2010, 06:57 AM
All SRAM warranties are handled through a bike shop. That is all.

Randy

nahtnoj
03-09-2010, 07:49 AM
I didn't realize people still use fax machines?

Call or send them an email. Or take the offending part to your shop and let them handle it.