PDA

View Full Version : Ellis Cycles wins best of show

Pete Serotta
03-07-2010, 06:43 PM
Dave Wages is a wonderful builder and a very nice guy. Thought you all would enjoy these pictures.... Pete :beer:

http://www.elliscycles.com/gallery.html

mike p
03-07-2010, 07:08 PM
I don't know Dave at all but his work is absolutely gorgeous! He makes bikes that could hang on walls as works of art! Wish him all the best.

Mike

SamIAm
03-07-2010, 07:11 PM
Dave Wages is a wonderful builder and a very nice guy. Thought you all would enjoy these pictures.... Pete :beer:

http://www.elliscycles.com/gallery.html

I feel like I have said it or written it a hundred times now, but I don't mind going for 101. You can do no better than Dave Wages when it comes to custom steel. It must be that Serotta lineage (Bedford, Kirk, Wages). How could you go wrong with that trio?

My wife surprised me with an Ellis for Christmas (pictures on his blog). I am planning to post as built pictures and a ride report shortly, but suffice it to say it's special.

Dave Wages
03-07-2010, 07:13 PM
No, I have not put Serotta Pete on my payroll!! ;)

I do appreciate the love though, and Pete's a pretty nice guy too!

Enjoy the pics.

Dave

Sandy
03-07-2010, 07:44 PM
I must admit that at first glance, my pea brain said what is so special about that (with so many bikes to choose from). Then I clicked onto the close ups and I kept saying out loud OO sounds (as in moo) each time I saw another close up photo. Truly gorgeous and stunning looking. So clean and so perfect.

I think Ellis Cycles is the correct name.

His bikes are bELLISsimo. Truly bELLISsimo!! Very beautiful indeed!

Bellissimo Sandy

rnhood
03-07-2010, 07:58 PM
I must admit that at first glance, my pea brain said what is so special about that (with so many bikes to choose from). Then I clicked onto the close ups and I kept saying out loud OO sounds (as in moo) each time I saw another close up photo. Truly gorgeous and stunning looking. So clean and so perfect.

I think Ellis Cycles is the correct name.

His bikes are bELLISsimo. Truly bELLISsimo!! Very beautiful indeed!

Bellissimo Sandy

You took the words right out of my mouth. When I first clicked, I saw some more very nice steel bikes, very much like many others at the show. But then I started looking closer and, oh my gosh these frames just look special. And they kept becoming more special. That 953 work is absolutely stunning. The best I've seen. To say he deserved the NAHBS award is almost an understatement.

Lifelover
03-07-2010, 08:13 PM
... It must be that Serotta lineage (Bedford, Kirk, Wages). How could you go wrong with that trio?.....

This is what is truly great about Serotta and the other Mid Majors. They not only produce top of the line bikes, they produce top of the line craftsman.

Ahneida Ride
03-08-2010, 12:17 AM
Mr. Wages frames and work are in a class by themselves.

Pictures don't do em justice. One really had to experience an Ellis
frame in person.

The Ellis booth was the very first place I visited, when I sneaked
about from my booth at NAHBS.

Tom Byrnes
03-08-2010, 02:07 AM
I agree completely with the other comments. Dave Wages' bikes are beautiful!! His 2010 NAHBS Best of Show award was well-earned.

soulspinner
03-08-2010, 04:57 AM
Ellis and Bedford, man they belong in a very small list at the top of the heap. Really great looking stuff. :beer:

OtayBW
03-08-2010, 07:33 AM
I saw that piece in RoadBikeMag (?) some time ago and was really impressed then. This linked slide show is outstanding!

SEABREEZE
03-08-2010, 08:24 AM
I don't know Dave at all but his work is absolutely gorgeous! He makes bikes that could hang on walls as works of art! Wish him all the best.

Mike

+ 1